login
FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: request for new epi pens  (Read 5343 times)

Description:

Offline eragon

Its OK to have dreams:one day my kids will be legal adults & have the skills to pick up a bath towel.

twinturbo

Re: request for new epi pens
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2013, 09:56:47 AM »
That is both sobering and intriguing.

My husband's on schedule to attend an allergy conference next month in Asia with some presenters from Germany. I'll see if he can finesse a trainer somehow.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2013, 11:36:45 AM by twinturbo »

Offline CMdeux

• Global Moderator
  • -- but sometimes the voices have good ideas!
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2013, 12:27:23 PM »

There is no upper temperature restriction.

WOW.

That looks like a GREAT device, Eragon.  I'm openly envious, now.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2013, 12:30:10 PM by CMdeux »
Resistance isn't futile.  It's voltage divided by current. 

Western U.S.

twinturbo

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2013, 12:51:12 PM »
^Any ideas on how they achieved greater stability? The literature states the shelf life is longer as well.

Offline CMdeux

• Global Moderator
  • -- but sometimes the voices have good ideas!
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2013, 01:25:39 PM »
uv protection would be one guess.

The others are:

a) possible extended dosing evaluation-- recall, Dey/Mylan doesn't exactly have a profit motive for testing efficacy/degradation out past expiry.  My guess is that they haven't.  There's just not much literature on the subject either way-- and yet people routinely store them in high heat and then report some efficacy even with devices which are YEARS out of date, so...

b) proprietary buffering with redox scavengers-- but this one is something of a long shot, IMO.  They might degass buffering solutions with nitrogen or even with a noble gas, though-- and that might really make a HUGE difference when coupled with excellent UV protection.

Resistance isn't futile.  It's voltage divided by current. 

Western U.S.

Offline Macabre

• Global Moderator
  • Don't Blink!
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2013, 02:25:57 PM »
Wow. That is so cool. Longer needle meets many of the concerns about injecting into overweight persons.  And it's slimmer! I love it.
Me: Sesame, shellfish, chamomile, sage
DS: Peanuts

twinturbo

« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2013, 02:50:55 PM »
I noticed in one chart a comparison was made between Emerade, EpiPen and Jext. I couldn't find much about Jext other than their main presence but it looks like it shares form factor with an EpiPen.