Trader Joe's Sunbutter

Started by jschwab, November 01, 2013, 11:36:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CMdeux

At least for walnuts, cashews, and pistachios, yes-- because we use it all the time.

Several years back, someone here called (nameless, I think) and got confirmation from a CSR that TJ's Sunbutter is Sunbuttertm- Sunbutter.

Does that help?

Resistance isn't futile.  It's voltage divided by current. 

Western U.S.

Macabre

I can't locate it right now, but I know we have another TJ Sunbutter thread and I believe it was discussed there.
Me: Sesame, shellfish, chamomile, sage
DS: Peanuts

nameless

If you can find their corporate number you can call and ask them :)  The CSRs have ALL the info on shared lines and equipment, though they don't label that reliably anymore.

Adrienne :)
40+ years dealing with:
Allergies: peanut, most treenuts, shrimp
New England

nameless

...noting the PITA thing...that Trader Joe's changes their products and product suppliers all the time without showing it's a change. That's how they work to get the stuff under their label.

Hence, if you are the type to want to know about same facility/equipment...you kinda need to call each time or just call once and give the code on the label....and then buy up a bunch and store it :)

Adrienne
40+ years dealing with:
Allergies: peanut, most treenuts, shrimp
New England

jschwab

OK, thanks, I'll see if I can call - last time I checked with TJ's on something it went pretty smoothly and they were careful about getting the batch number. I ended up getting real Sunbutter for me and the TJ's for the kids since it was cheaper ($4.99 vs. $6.99). This batch of the TJ's was completely unlabeled for allergens and facilities, unlike a lot of TJ's stuff so their labeling appears to have changed a bit. I think what I might do next time is buy the sugarless organic Sunbutter for myself ($9.99 at Whole Foods YOWZA!) and just sell the kids.  ;D

Just kidding. Gallows humor and all.

twinturbo

I come of as a shill for Amazon because I recommend using them so often for shelf stable goods. Man, have they saved my buns though. All the Ancient Harvest, Sunbutter, Enjoy Life, Udi's sent to my door for cheaper than store price not even factoring in time and gas.

jschwab

We use Amazon a lot for groceries. I was checking out the prices there last night but it was late and I was having a hard time figuring out the best deal but I know it's cheaper than the stores. We like to get Bob's Red Mill stuff from there (potato flour).

CMdeux

jschwab, some days, that sounds like a win-win proposition to me.   ;D
Resistance isn't futile.  It's voltage divided by current. 

Western U.S.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 365 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Spell the answer to 6 + 7 =:
Please spell spammer backwards:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview