Prenatal exposure to nuts = lower risk of allergy?

Started by CMdeux, December 23, 2013, 03:46:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hedgehog

With DD, I ate occasional pb&js for lunch.  Especially after te first trimester (couldn't stomache much at all with morning sickness).  No allergy.  With DS, I are pb&js for lunch about three times a week.  That was what DD was having, so easy to just make two and eat one myself.  He got the allergy.  I agree that it is luck of the draw to some extent.  I wonder, though if those who avoided were a higher risk to begin with, resulting in the higher number who were allergic?
USA

PurpleCat

:hiding: :hiding: :hiding:I kept cases of roasted peanuts in the cabinet in my office - it was my go to snack every day - the only thing that did not upset my stomach and actually made me feel like I ate something! :hiding: :hiding: :hiding:

I ate everything DD is allergic to.

I have one with many food allergies and asthma and 2 without either.

I don't expect scientists and doctors to ever really know why some people have food allergies and others do not.

The more people I talk to the more I believe this.  Some families are dealing with some very unusual food allergies.   To me "the top 8" seems old fashion.  We just had a child visit us with allergies to both chicken and meat!

I always thought DD was bizarre being anapylactic to some fruits.  Well in the last month alone, I've met 2 people with the same problem to pineapple.  Clearly as a species, we are evolving to something else.  My 7th grade science teacher made some predictions in a fun class about the future of the human race (this is back in the 70's - when my kids think we were dinosaurs since we did not have computers in our home, I had a close and play and only one family TV and for us that was Black and White....and our video game was the fabulous Atari table tennis!.  One of his things was that humans would have small mouths because their sustenance would come in pill form, that we would no longer shop for, cook or eat food as we were doing.  He also predicted that we would communicate differently, less talking.....well, I see that one already when I tell DD to phone her friends or better yet, go to someones house! not text and she looks at me all cross eyed.  LOL!

So maybe that is the future.....no more "food" because we are allergic to everything!  I know that is not funny....there are some children I have read about who can not eat....they have to drink special formulas to be healthy..........just thinking out loud....

LinksEtc

Quote from: PurpleCat on December 26, 2013, 10:17:38 AM
Some families are dealing with some very unusual food allergies.   To me "the top 8" seems old fashion.  We just had a child visit us with allergies to both chicken and meat!

Lol ... yes, to me, the "top 8" is sounding more and more like "the earth is flat".

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 365 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Please spell spammer backwards:
Spell the answer to 6 + 7 =:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview