FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: peanut allergy testing  (Read 13084 times)

Description: with not so little J

Offline GoingNuts

Re: peanut allergy testing
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2013, 09:20:13 PM »
Oh  KSmom, what a disappointing/horrible outcome. 

And  :paddle: :bonking: and  :thumbsup: to that allergist.   :tongue:
"Speak out against the madness" - David Crosby
N.E. US

Offline Jmarc

« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2013, 11:27:07 AM »
thank you for sharing..it adds insight to our testing.

not sure why this was moved...i usually hang out in off topic and never had anything removed before, unless someone complained? or maybe more would see it in main discussion i dunno....but anyhooo...ill refrain posting.
thank you all for advice and well wishes... peace.

Offline Macabre

• Global Moderator
  • Don't Blink!
« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2013, 11:58:41 AM »
It wasn't removed--just moved.  It's on-topic. If there's a privacy reason though, then there's good reason to keep it off topic. But otherwise, since we are here to help each other, if there are no privacy concerns (like we often have with schools), it's important for topic that deal with food allergies to be in on-topic areas. That way others can see them and benefit. And can search for them. Five months from now if someone thinks they might have outgrown, they can so a search and find this thread and other similar ones, and it could be very helpful.

Please do post!  And good luck on Friday!  Outgrown-wishes sent your way!

(Edited to add the community aspect of having on-topic threads available for others)
« Last Edit: November 20, 2013, 02:01:09 PM by Macabre »
Me: Sesame, shellfish, chamomile, sage
DS: Peanuts

Offline CMdeux

• Global Moderator
  • -- but sometimes the voices have good ideas!
« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2013, 04:18:57 PM »
J, I'm just thrilled that you might be at a place where you guys could schedule a challenge! 

WOW!  :crossed:
Resistance isn't futile.  It's voltage divided by current. 

Western U.S.

twinturbo

« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2013, 04:22:08 PM »
May the wind be at your back guiding you away from the realm of allergies. And if not we'll still have your back.

Offline KSmom

« Reply #20 on: November 20, 2013, 04:55:51 PM »
Truly, crossing my fingers for you too!!!  Please come back and let us know.  I'd really like to hear how things went!  I'd love to hear a positive story!!   :)

Offline Jmarc

« Reply #21 on: November 23, 2013, 08:01:51 AM »
all skin test negative...she didnt itch nor did she welt or wheal up. they did her back and then tested both arms also.  we did blood work again to test for two different peanut protiens,,,,which i did not know exsisted. so far negative.

the smile on her face was priceless.  once the blood work comes back if that is negative we move on to the food challange.

really like this allergist. he even went on to discuss her asthma and her seasonal allergies and such..we walked out of there with a boat load of information. and to boot...he wouldnt let us out of the office until he felt she was clear of any possible reactions from the tests. he is incrediable.

so now we just wait for the blood work.

Offline Jmarc

« Reply #22 on: November 23, 2013, 08:05:45 AM »
and sorry i got so cranky about this being moved... i think i misunderstood...plus it was all in red that it had been moved and in caps, so i kinda felt like i was being scolded for putting it in the o/t... its been kind of an emotional whirlwind for us with all this and if she comes out negative i feel like i;ll be booted from here becasue she may not have the  allergy anymore....i'd miss my friends here... :-[

Online hezzier

• Global Moderator
« Reply #23 on: November 23, 2013, 08:26:16 AM »
Glad things are going well so far!

Offline GoingNuts

« Reply #24 on: November 23, 2013, 08:32:33 AM »
J, that is sooooo exciting!  It sounds very promising, and it also sounds like you've found a terrific allergist.  :thumbsup:

As for being booted from here, you wouldn't be the first who has outgrown but stayed on.  We're not like an exclusive club or anything.  ;)
"Speak out against the madness" - David Crosby
N.E. US

Offline Macabre

• Global Moderator
  • Don't Blink!
« Reply #25 on: November 23, 2013, 09:30:49 AM »
Yeah, we have a number of members whose kids have outgrown or gone through desensitization.

Glad it went well!  The protein component test is such a cool thing--being used more widely now. We have a thread on it if you want to read more. Maybe later I can find it and link to it here. My DS had it. He's allergic to the worst protein. :( But at least we know.

Hoping your DD's blood tests come back and she can have an IOFC!
Me: Sesame, shellfish, chamomile, sage
DS: Peanuts

twinturbo

« Reply #26 on: November 23, 2013, 09:40:12 AM »
The process of outgrowing is incredibly important part of life with food allergies you would absolutely have relevant information to share. Just hopefully without the stress!

Offline SilverLining

« Reply #27 on: November 23, 2013, 08:16:21 PM »
and sorry i got so cranky about this being moved... i think i misunderstood...plus it was all in red that it had been moved and in caps, so i kinda felt like i was being scolded for putting it in the o/t... its been kind of an emotional whirlwind for us with all this and if she comes out negative i feel like i;ll be booted from here becasue she may not have the  allergy anymore....i'd miss my friends here... :-[

Thank you for letting me know this.  I usually try to put mod notes larger and red.  I'll definitely rethink how to make mod notes stick out without offending.

I am sorry for having made you feel that way.

Offline Jmarc

« Reply #28 on: November 27, 2013, 09:37:15 AM »
no worries... i think i was just so emotional that this could be so real....

both blood tests came back negative for both protiens for peanut and tree nuts...

OMG.  we have the food challenge on the 16th of december....paws crossed

Offline LinksEtc

« Reply #29 on: November 27, 2013, 09:43:49 AM »
Good luck Jmarc!

:luck: