Dip Recipe Help Please

Started by PurpleCat, November 15, 2013, 10:50:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

becca

I was going to also suggest full fat Greek yogurt.  Can you use sour cream?  That is good too.  Hedgie's recipe looks good and would be what i would suggest.  I have not done any from scratch, that I recall, but use the yogurt with mixes just fine. 

I did do a cilantro/garlicky dressing once, actually.  In the vitamix.  Garlic poweder would work.  It was something like this:

http://www.thegardengrazer.com/2013/04/creamy-cilantro-lime-dressing.html

I have also used plain white beans or chick peas to make a lemony-garlic dip, similar to hummus, but no tahini.  Add some olive oil for fat and texture.
dd with peanut, tree nut and raw egg allergy

nameless

There are a couple of different brands of vegan (eggless) mayo --- you'd have to call about cross-x with manufacturing. I've also seen recipes for vegan mayo.

40+ years dealing with:
Allergies: peanut, most treenuts, shrimp
New England

booandbrimom

Go to a good spice store and ask them about mixes for dip. We have tons of mixes that make instant dips that are really phenomenal. They will help you to find things that taste good but avoid your allergens.

This is also really great for dressing up popcorn, especially for kids who can't have milk/butter.
What doesn't kill you makes you bitter.

Come commiserate with me: foodallergybitch.blogspot.com

GoingNuts

"Speak out against the madness" - David Crosby
N.E. US

Mfamom

are you avoiding eggs?  (mayo not allowed)?

I would use yogurt as a base. 
When People Show You Who They Are, Believe Them.  The First Time.

Committee Member Hermes

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 365 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Spell the answer to 6 + 7 =:
Three blonde, blue-eyed siblings are named Suzy, Jack and Bill.  What color hair does the sister have?:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview