FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: Dinner for the Week  (Read 48615 times)

Description:

Offline GoingNuts

Re: Dinner for the Week
« Reply #90 on: October 04, 2016, 07:27:29 AM »
Mmmmm, chili lime chicken?  Tell me more!

Last night was Holiday Pig Out, not sure what the rest of the week is going to be.  Normally I'd be making use of leftovers, but need food in the freezer for post-surgery helplessness, which will be in 2 weeks, so I froze nearly everything except for vegetables.  Will have to figure this out today.
"Speak out against the madness" - David Crosby
N.E. US

Offline BensMom

« Reply #91 on: October 06, 2016, 09:53:06 AM »
http://allrecipes.com/recipe/230735/sweet-chili-lime-chicken-with-cilantro-couscous/

1 tablespoon olive oil
    1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, cubed
    1 pinch monosodium glutamate (such as Ac'centŪ), or to taste
    6 tablespoons soy sauce
    6 tablespoons brown sugar
    1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes, or more to taste
    1 lime, juiced and zested

Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat; cook and stir chicken breast cubes in the hot oil until the juices run clear and chicken is no longer pink inside, 5 to 6 minutes. Sprinkle chicken with monosodium glutamate as it cooks. Remove chicken from skillet.
Mix soy sauce, brown sugar, red pepper flakes, lime juice, and lime zest in a bowl, stirring to dissolve sugar. Pour sauce into hot skillet, bring to a boil, and reduce heat to low. Simmer, stirring occasionally, until sauce begins to reduce slightly, 3 to 4 minutes. Mix cooked chicken into sauce and cook until sauce forms a glaze on chicken pieces, about 2 to 3 more minutes, stirring often.

I serve it over rice. I don't make the couscous, so I didn't copy/paste that part.  I don't use MSG. There's no chili powder in it, so I'm not sure why it's called chili lime, but I love it.

Offline BensMom

« Reply #92 on: October 16, 2016, 01:36:20 PM »
I think I forgot to put my menu up last week. Not sure I can keep this up. Maybe I should do a spreadsheet or something. I"m not sure everyone here needs to know my weekly menu, lol. But here's this week:

Sunday--ginger and garlic chicken (recipe DH found)
Monday--cauliflower fried rice
Tuesday--"scramblaya" (a jambalaya recipe from the six-o'clock scramble website)
Wednesday--leftovers
Thursday--eggs renellos
Friday--not sure. Lately we've been having a lot of leftovers, so I haven't been planning Fridays
Saturday--eat out/order in