Lil Critters and Vita Fusion may no longer be safe for TNA

Started by Jessica, November 19, 2013, 12:13:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

twinturbo

Reporting live from Costco there are mixed labels. I think it has to do with stock on hand and refresh. The refresh multivites have a label that says shared facilities with egg, fish, shellfish and tree nuts (unspecified).

As far as I know NNP is still operating in Vancouver. For me it's more of a local call so I will make it on Monday to their direct line. Or maybe DH with his Northwestiness passive NPR voice will be more effective. Either way I make the local direct WTF call to sort out the label and facility inconsistency out.

Now, off to battle my way through the cattle chute.

hezzier

Ok, the saga continues.  I went to target to try and find the old bottles, no such luck.  I did pick up the target brand of gummy vitamins and this is the label...

Under ingredients it does list "fractionated coconut oil"

CMdeux

Resistance isn't futile.  It's voltage divided by current. 

Western U.S.

twinturbo

Freshly rejected from the impenetrable bureaucracy of the Vancouver manufacturing facility DH is trying mother corporation right now. I'll update after.

Here's what I think the current state is: The Vitafusion line and acquisition might have changed the products being produced in the facility.

Per CSR

wheat - yes, new products but not all lines are shared wheat
egg - yes, unspecified product
fish - yes, used in facility for Omega3 product
shellfish - yes, specified used in facility in various products
milk - yes, used in facility (probably for probiotics and others)
soy - yes, has always been used in facility

peanut - no
tree nut - ONLY coconut

NO peanut, NO tree nut other than coconut in facility.

The Northwest Naturals website is not up to date. Old labels are not up to date per CSR. Time stamping this call made 12/4/13 1:00 pm Pacific time. Made second call to verify on peanut and tree nut, specifically with regard to coconut or other tree nuts. Reiterated only coconut. No other tree nut, no peanut in facility.

CMdeux

That tallies with my suspicions, too, TT-- that they've acquired a new product line and that the milk, egg, wheat (and maybe shellfish??) risk is NEW-- and probably  ill-defined at this point in time.
Resistance isn't futile.  It's voltage divided by current. 

Western U.S.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 365 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Please spell spammer backwards:
Spell the answer to 6 + 7 =:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview