login
FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: Question about alcoholic bevarages---no ingredient lists!  (Read 10730 times)

Description:

Offline Princess Cheese

• The Princess of Cheese
Re: Question about alcoholic bevarages---no ingredient lists!
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2015, 03:57:56 PM »
Plain wine should be about the safest of beverages, truly-- it's not much "processed" other than bottling and aging, and fruit is about all that goes into it (generally speaking).  The only concern in wine is with agents intended to 'clarify' wines, generally reds.

Fining agents aren't a concern really if you're PA/TNA only-- it's those with fish and egg allergy that have to be most concerned about that, and most vintners are open about what kinds of fining methods (if any) they employ.  Get to know what various wine-making regions tend toward, and let that be your guide.

I'd avoid manufacturers that produce a lot of frou-frou flavored beverages.  Personally that means most liqueurs, ready-to-drink-fruity-things, etc. are off limits.

Wine spritzers are a good substitute for the latter, by the way.

Which wine do you use, if I may ask? :)
U.S.A. || Adult || PN/TNA  ||
I also avoid fish and shellfish. 

Mommy to 5 amazing kids!! :)
2 girls & 3 boys <3