login
FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: Easter Candy  (Read 8620 times)

Description:

Offline joanna5

Re: Easter Candy
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2014, 04:59:09 PM »
Not candy, but look what I found in the easter aisle at Walmart.  $1.97 a package, you will have to also purchase an egg dying kit to go with them

That is so cool!  I loathe Walmart, but will definitely suck it up and go there to get these!  Thanks for sharing.
David (10/04): Allergic to milk, eggs, peanuts, tree nuts, and mustard
Allison (9/06): NKA
Ryan (3/11): Allergic to milk and eggs

twinturbo

« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2014, 02:38:57 PM »
Are Cadbury mini-eggs safe for PN?

Offline Jessica

« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2014, 03:30:42 PM »
The cadbury candy coated mini eggs seem to be. We've been buying them from time to time but we like the hershey candy coated eggs better.
USA
DD18-PA/TNA
DD16 and DS14-NKA

Online YouKnowWho

« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2014, 08:15:13 PM »
Not candy, but look what I found in the easter aisle at Walmart.  $1.97 a package, you will have to also purchase an egg dying kit to go with them

That is so cool!  I loathe Walmart, but will definitely suck it up and go there to get these!  Thanks for sharing.

Is it wrong that I bought three boxes of them.  I figured for sure Walmart would discontinue them for next year so I plan to use one box over the next three years (hoping that DS1 would be over the egg dying thing by then as his belief in these things has already waned).
DS1 - Wheat, rye, barley and egg
DS2 - peanuts
DD -  tree nuts, soy and sunflower
Me - bananas, eggplant, many drugs
Southeast USA

Offline maeve

« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2014, 03:34:55 PM »
Are Cadbury mini-eggs safe for PN?

Yes! They're a favorite item in this household.
"Oh, I'm such an unholy mess of a girl."

USA-Virginia
DD allergic to peanuts, tree nuts, and egg; OAS to cantaloupe and cucumber

Offline joanna5

« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2014, 03:37:43 PM »

Is it wrong that I bought three boxes of them.  I figured for sure Walmart would discontinue them for next year so I plan to use one box over the next three years (hoping that DS1 would be over the egg dying thing by then as his belief in these things has already waned).

I'd just call it planning ahead!  I'm going to hunt some down this weekend.  :)
David (10/04): Allergic to milk, eggs, peanuts, tree nuts, and mustard
Allison (9/06): NKA
Ryan (3/11): Allergic to milk and eggs

Offline Macabre

• Global Moderator
  • Don't Blink!
« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2014, 11:15:34 AM »
Bump. Mostly I'm trying to avoid seeing the words "Lucky Charms" when I scroll up and down the boards. It sends me into craving mode every time.
Me: Sesame, shellfish, chamomile, sage
DS: Peanuts

Offline PurpleCat

« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2014, 02:56:11 PM »
I do not know if this is safe and I did not buy because I've already received my VNF order, however, at Walgreens today I say a stand up chocolate bunny in a stamped foil made by Cadbury in the UK and it had no warnings on it!

What I did find and buy....I have a child with no allergies who hates chocolate.....so not my kid!  I never have a bunny for his basket until this year.  Wonka has two stand up plastic tray shaped like a rabbit with a cardboard front hosting a cute picture of a bunny.  One is filled with sweet tarts and the other is filled with Laffy Taffy.  $4.99 regular price.  He gets to have a bunny in his basket this year!  It's a peanut safe option.

Offline Macabre

• Global Moderator
  • Don't Blink!
« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2014, 10:19:51 AM »
Bump. :)

Offline Jessica

« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2014, 01:21:09 PM »
Found easter hersheyettes at walmart. They're in a baggie shaped like a carrot and the hersheyettes are white.
USA
DD18-PA/TNA
DD16 and DS14-NKA

Offline Jessica

« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2014, 05:59:40 PM »
Peanut Free Planet has UK Cadbury Creme Eggs.
USA
DD18-PA/TNA
DD16 and DS14-NKA

Offline candyguru

« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2014, 09:01:22 PM »

FYI:  The Cadbury Easter Creme eggs and Cadbury mini-eggs manufactured in Canada have "may contain nuts/peanuts" on he label (for the past few years). 

(they used to import the safe UK ones years ago, but not anymore)
-----------------------------------------------------------
CANADA, land of maple syrup and poutine
Me:  peanuts, ragweed
DD1:  PRACTICALLY EVERYTHING NOW! peanuts, tree nuts, sesame, eggs, wheat, lentils/peas/beans, leaf mould
DD2:  milk (and avoiding peanuts)

Offline Macabre

• Global Moderator
  • Don't Blink!
« Reply #27 on: April 11, 2014, 07:51:09 AM »

Bumping.

Offline nonuteen

« Reply #28 on: April 17, 2014, 08:24:15 AM »
Bought Hershey mini eggs, whopper eggs, and Hershey candy coated eggs.  All the labels looked good but still makes me a bit nervous every year.  Everyone trusts Hershey's labeling, right??

Also found Sour patch kids bunnies.  Anyone use these?

Noticed the Cadbury eggs had a warning this year.

Oh, and peeps!  I bought a few packages that still read fine but noticed some on a stick and choc coated that had a warning.