FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: Due Process  (Read 1971 times)

Description: anyone ever go through it?

twinturbo

Due Process
« on: January 13, 2014, 12:16:07 PM »
I watched the gripping drama Surviving Due Process which is supposed to be based on an actual case. I put the particulars of the case aside to concentrate on the formality of the process. It clarified a few things for me such as the decisions that come from due process and what it would take for me to ever consider going to due process, not to mention how I would case build or go/not go depending on how I felt about my evidence.

One key thing that came through to me, aside from agreeing HEARTILY with the rule of adverse assumptions, is if it wasn't written it never happened in reference to phone calls or conversations. All of that nicely underscoring and validating the use of LOUs and emailing notes to yourself with names, dates.

I don't know what it says about me that I actually sided with the school based on how the case was presented.  :dunno: In retrospect I think I did sit in on a time or two with something close to a hearing officer. It was a little confusing at the time because I wasn't sure how a procedure could happen outside a court but it was like a mini-court in a meeting room. In any case SDP as a dramatization was a great demonstration in seeing how the LEA in the form of board fits in all of this.

So, anyone ever go through due process or mediation? The official stuff.

Offline CMdeux

• Global Moderator
  • -- but sometimes the voices have good ideas!
Re: Due Process
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2014, 12:24:20 PM »
I know of two members (er-- or former members?) of the community who have done so, yes.

Resistance isn't futile.  It's voltage divided by current. 

Western U.S.