If you rely on the allergen chart from Eden...don't

Started by Jessica, January 10, 2014, 10:53:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jessica

I know some don't use Eden anymore but figured I would share. I do buy a few things but only for myself. Anyway the allergen chart shows a few things that are made on shared lines, but that does not mean if it doesn't list something as being on shared lines that it is not. There are two items that someone else called about and were told shared lines with nuts. The chart doesn't indicate this. The annoying thing is that some items DO show that they are made on shared lines which might make people think that if they look all clear on the chart, they are safe. Not the case. I've been told that many items are on shared lines and you have to contact for each one to find out if it is.
USA
DD18-PA/TNA
DD16 and DS14-NKA

sneaker

Hi,

Are you writing about Eden Foods, the place that makes Edensoy?  My dd drinks Edensoy.  She has multiple LTFA.

lakeswimr

We only use their canned beans.  I talked with them a very long time on the phone and that was all I felt was safe for our allergy set.  I haven't called in a while but the beans have worked fine for us.  Some of their products are made out of the country and they indicated that they had a hard time getting info about shared lines and potential xcontam from the company making those products for them.

lakeswimr

Sneaker, I think eden soy was another product that sounded safe for our allergy set and we tried it and DS didn't like it, so my comment was not directed at you in any way.  Glad their soy milk works for you.  :)

tigerlily

Thanks Jessica--we had found their online allergen listing. Sad to know that their CSR and online info is different. We default to the more stringent setting so we'll now have to call. Frustrating.

DS1-PA, TNA, SFA
DS2-NKA

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 365 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Please spell spammer backwards:
Spell the answer to 6 + 7 =:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview