FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: Unexpected Reaction  (Read 9487 times)

Description:

Offline CMdeux

• Global Moderator
  • -- but sometimes the voices have good ideas!
Re: Unexpected Reaction
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2014, 05:44:08 PM »
Risotto makes amazing breakfast food.

A little butter or olive oil in a pan, short-grain rice (pearl rice works great-- you don't HAVE to pay for arborio), stir, and start adding cooking liquid a little at a time while you stir.

It turns into like a rice-pudding-like thing.  Top with cheese for savory, or with cinnamon/sugar (we use C&H cane sugar in bags or cartons) for a more sweet variation.  Also works well when combined with small amounts of a winter squash or pumpkin.  :)

Resistance isn't futile.  It's voltage divided by current. 

Western U.S.

twinturbo

« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2014, 05:57:59 PM »
Great Value oatmeal in the canister (read the label for shared line warnings).

I eat mine savory with green onions and a chunk of pork in it. Cutlets pounded really thin and pan fried. I use leftover sauteed veggie from the night before to dump into it. If we could have soy and egg I'd substitute some pan-fried tofu blistered over high heat and homemade salty eggs.

Offline CMdeux

• Global Moderator
  • -- but sometimes the voices have good ideas!
« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2014, 06:03:02 PM »
Ooooooo---- you could TOTALLY cook a soft-poached egg in the middle of fresh risotto-- just make a mound of it, hollow the top and crack the egg in.

I always forget about that kind of thing.  Egg allergy household.

Resistance isn't futile.  It's voltage divided by current. 

Western U.S.