Bee stings

Started by MaryM, July 30, 2014, 11:52:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MaryM

DH is about 2 hours away at a Marketing Event for work.  A bee flew into his mouth and stung him.  He says it hurts a lot but he is ok.  He happens to be sitting with a man who is PA so he has access to an Epi if needed.  Would a reaction happen quickly with a bee sting?  I'd like him to go to the ER but he says he is ok.  Any opinions or advice?

GingerPye

all I know is that bee stings hurt like the dickens, and in the mouth?  wow.  That would be painful.  But I have no experience with allergic reactions to bee stings. 
DD, 25 - MA/EA/PA/env./eczema/asthma
DS, 22 - MA/EA/PA/env.
DH - adult-onset asthma
me - env. allergies, exhaustion, & mental collapse ...

becca

Does he have a known bee sting allergy?  (btw, I edited your title to bee stings.)

dd with peanut, tree nut and raw egg allergy

MaryM

No allergy as far as we know.  He said the EMT came to check on him - he's at a minor league baseball game.  He's ok just in pain.

Thanks for editing becca :)

becca

With no history of allergy, I would wait and see.  If anything started swelling, I would get help ASAP.  Dd had an iffy reaction to a sting last summer.  her finger(which was stung)  swelled and she had red streaks up her arm.  It resolved with Benadryl, but we left the beach and stayed in our condo watching her, so if we needed to epi and get help, we were accessible vs the beach. 

MaryM

It's in his mouth   :misspeak: but it's been an hour and he is ok.  He is on his way home.  Ill feel better once he gets home.

SilverLining

With stings my son reacts immediately. (Hasn't been anaphylactic, but definitely allergic.)

With bites, not as immediate.

Hope your DH is OK and home soon.  (For your peace of mind, because you will worry until he's there.)

becca

Ouch in the mouth!  Our childhood dog used to eat bees, snap at them and got stung several times doing that.  You would think he would learn!  But never any bad reactions to it.  Just yips and discomfort. 

GoingNuts

In the mouth???  Yeeesh, that is the pits.

Glad he appears to be OK.  But really, yikes. :disappointed:
"Speak out against the madness" - David Crosby
N.E. US

MaryM

He's home.  Thank goodness.  He seems fine.

Janelle205

Glad he is doing well.

Our caretaker at camp had an unfortunate incident with multiple hornet stings on his hands and arms a few days ago.  He is still massively swollen.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 365 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Three blonde, blue-eyed siblings are named Suzy, Jack and Bill.  What color hair does the sister have?:
Please spell spammer backwards:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview