Camp TAG

Started by MaryM, January 29, 2015, 05:30:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MaryM

I'm wondering if this might be a good thing for my DD.  I live close enough that I could drive Her each day...anyone have experience with this?

http://www.foodallergyawareness.org/programs/camp_tag_%28the_allergy_gang%29-2/camp_tag_%28the_allergy_gang%29-2/

lakeswimr

I think it sounds fun for those nearby and with kids that age.  When DS was younger we couldn't find a camp to accommodate his needs and I would have put him in a camp like that if I could have.  It would be neat for kids to be around so many others with FAs and parents might make some nice connections, too.

More recently we have found various camps that can and will accommodate DS and I think for his age now they are a better fit than one like that would be.  But I think it could be a nice thing for many FA kids.  :)

MaryM

I have found some great camps that accommodate her but they aren't typical summer camps.  They are theater  & dance camps.  She's had so much anxiety since her Epi experience.  It might be good for her to try this type of camp.  Plus she'd love all the outdoor activities. I'm seriously considering it.

SilverLining

Have you thought any more about this Mary?

hezzier

I need to start looking into overnight camps again for DS. 

MaryM

I signed them up!  They are both very excited.

SilverLining

MaryM

Quote from: SilverLining on February 15, 2015, 01:21:09 PM
Quote from: MaryM on February 15, 2015, 01:09:10 PM
I signed them up!  They are both very excited.

:thumbsup:

Let us know how it goes.

I will.  I didn't think 10yo DS would be interested but he was.  I had already signed him up for Rock Band Camp that week but I was able to switch him to a differnt week. 

Macabre

MaryM I bet this is going to be especially wonderful for your DD. With the issues she's been experiencing, I think being around anohter group of kids her age who share having FAs will be a great experience. 
Me: Sesame, shellfish, chamomile, sage
DS: Peanuts

MaryM

I hope so Mac.  Hoping DS will be able to be a counselor in 3 years!  Actually, I'm hoping he will have outgrown his allergies by then but if not, then counselor all the way.  All the counsellors have FAS too.  Pretty cool. 

Macabre

Me: Sesame, shellfish, chamomile, sage
DS: Peanuts

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 365 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Three blonde, blue-eyed siblings are named Suzy, Jack and Bill.  What color hair does the sister have?:
Please spell spammer backwards:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview