So, when do you just DEMAND a challenge?

Started by ajasfolks2, February 02, 2014, 04:14:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mfamom

I believe birch pollen was the reason my ds showed positive to many tree nuts.  I cannot remember all the details now. 
When People Show You Who They Are, Believe Them.  The First Time.

Committee Member Hermes

twinturbo

This summer is going to be a huge batch of at home intro and in office challenge. The allergist is game and DH will be working here, FIL will be home. That will allow me the luxury of time to work through my own list. Allergist is convinced he can squash my birch issue and that it's worked for all of his patients that use pollen immunotherapy to eradicate OAS to fruits.

We've got too many free floating allergens that need to be challenged. DS1 is old enough that in order to be as free as possible we need to confirm tree nuts and baked egg. It would be important come 504 time in fall.

Next year for DS2 I think we need to really check if oats and beef are merely skin results or true allergens. By then he'll probably be able to communicate in rudimentary terms if his stomach hurts or his throat itches.

DS1 will just have to get on board with the egg challenge since he has a good chance of tolerating baked egg across the board.

CMdeux

Allergist is convinced he can squash my birch issue and that it's worked for all of his patients that use pollen immunotherapy to eradicate OAS to fruits.

Yeah-- it lasted all of 20 months for DD, after a six year investment.   :misspeak:  As noted though, she's not most people, any more than your DS2 is.   :-/
Resistance isn't futile.  It's voltage divided by current. 

Western U.S.

twinturbo

Soy is scheduled for the 14th. I think I'm going to push for egg in May. At this point I don't think I'll push for an egg SPT prior to challenge. It doesn't seem to be all that related to baked egg. I'll have to see the Sinai records for the date of the last RAST. We had to reschedule right as Sandy hit I think it was no later than Jan 2013. This time I'm going to stick the peanut component on. Note I'm not hoping for much but the Sinai test was a little weird. Yeah it was over 100 for peanut but it was some sort of unexplained novel test.

*#&!@%^ BARLEY for DS2. That was a momentary vent in the form of emotional belch.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 365 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Please spell spammer backwards:
Spell the answer to 6 + 7 =:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview