FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: Fever in child with temp change hives?  (Read 1303 times)

Description:

twinturbo

Fever in child with temp change hives?
« on: February 03, 2014, 05:45:14 PM »
DS2 hives from temp changes. His fever is almost 102 about a 3 degree shift. I'll probably call allergist's office for advice thought I'd ask here, too.

Online YouKnowWho

Re: Fever in child with temp change hives?
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2014, 06:53:28 PM »
DS2 to a T.  Uticaria.  I don't need a thermometer - he lights up like a Christmas tree.
DS1 - Wheat, rye, barley and egg
DS2 - peanuts
DD -  tree nuts, soy and sunflower
Me - bananas, eggplant, many drugs
Southeast USA

Offline LinksEtc

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2014, 07:28:23 PM »
No advice to offer, but I hope he feels better soon.

twinturbo

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2014, 07:45:40 PM »
Dr's office called back. Theoretically the temp doesn't induce hives but being sick makes hiving more likely. DS2 also got special recognition for being an industrious idiopathic hiver. That's DS2, always memorable in the wrong way at the allergist's office. The recommendation was to stay on the daily Zyrtec to control for it, so not much different than what we do anyhow. What we will do differently is make sure he doesn't get in water too cold. It'll have to be really close to current body temp whatever that is at any given time.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2014, 07:48:18 PM by twinturbo »

Offline GoingNuts

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2014, 08:19:01 PM »
I don't want to tell you how long elder DS had viral hives for. It will just depress both of us.

:console:
"Speak out against the madness" - David Crosby
N.E. US

Offline CMdeux

• Global Moderator
  • -- but sometimes the voices have good ideas!
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2014, 11:15:06 PM »
That's DS2, always memorable in the wrong way at the allergist's office.  

Ahhhh... you're a member of our little club, eh?   :grouphug:  It's either that or the staff there just remember the MFA kids really well.  I have to hold onto that thought.  (Yeah, yeah-- I know better, but he never confuses DD with anyone else and can pull up at least a decade of wacky Hx with her on a moment's notice, too...)

Hopefully all stays under control at your house overnight.   

Be aware that the tree pollen is shifting into high gear-- luckily, the cold snap starting tomorrow should really help with that.
Resistance isn't futile.  It's voltage divided by current. 

Western U.S.

Offline jenavy21

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2014, 11:34:18 PM »
I hope he feels better!!!   I remember when my daughter was around 15 months she had a fever and started getting HORRIBLE hives in the tub.  They just popped up.  So I took a pic of her head and back to show her primary.  And they told me that some kids get hives from the virus itself.  Almost like an allergic reaction to the virus.  I hope he rebounds faster!!!