Pizza Hut

Started by EmilyAnn, February 04, 2014, 04:21:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EmilyAnn

I was looking at the allergen info on the Pizza Hut website and I noticed it says the breadstick dough does not contain nuts but then under breadsticks it has a "products are prepared in common equipment and therefore may contain allergen or ingredient of concern" warning. This is confusing to me. Does that mean the seasoning they put on the breadsticks was made in a facility that contains nuts? https://www.pizzahut.com/foodallergies.html

I decided not to order b/c I was not comfortable with the info provided, but Pizza Hut is my favorite so I want to know for sure (or as sure as I can be) before I cross it off the list completely :)

Mommy to David age 5 1/2 allergic to cats, dogs, pollen, dust, mold, peanuts, tree nuts, beans, and peas and suffering from severe eczema and 3 other little boys with no know allergies

hezzier

We no longer eat pizza hut, they kept changing cross contamination information on their sauce.

YouKnowWho

Pizza Hut is one that you almost have to contact corporate and the individual store each time you order.  Their information changes often (and I have found a few times where corporate has updated information prior to what the stores have as far as ingredients on hand).

My brother and SIL have been managers of Pizza Hut for years - they tell me to contact the store directly if I have to use them (they would prefer I avoid altogether).
DS1 - Wheat, rye, barley and egg
DS2 - peanuts
DD -  tree nuts, soy and sunflower
Me - bananas, eggplant, many drugs
Southeast USA

CMdeux

DD (PN/TNA) and I (SFA) have both had minor reactions to Pizza Hut sauce.  So it's more than CYA labeling, I think.

Resistance isn't futile.  It's voltage divided by current. 

Western U.S.

ajasfolks2

We've now recently seen at 2 different PizzaHut Express shops that there can be a display of unpackaged "fresh baked" cookies.  These include a peanut-containing choc chip thing.  They do not bake in house, but they do handle and put out and serve with same gloves as making and serving the pizzas.

SUPER important to thoroughly check out each PizzaHut before using!!

Is this where I blame iPhone and cuss like an old fighter pilot's wife?

**(&%@@&%$^%$#^%$#$*&      LOL!!   

SweetandSour

I avoid it. Their labeling just got to be too much to follow.
Allergic to: Peanuts, Tree nuts, Mango, Robitussin, Acetaminophen

U.S.A.

Not only do I not know what's going on, I wouldn't know what to do about it if I did.
~George Carlin

Macabre

Ugh. It has been helpful to have that as a option for there many school activities and trips (for DS--I can't eat it). Grrrrrrr.
Me: Sesame, shellfish, chamomile, sage
DS: Peanuts

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 365 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Three blonde, blue-eyed siblings are named Suzy, Jack and Bill.  What color hair does the sister have?:
Spell the answer to 6 + 7 =:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview