Chex Mix Traditional - General Mills

Started by IowaMom, September 24, 2013, 07:40:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

IowaMom

DDs teacher is asking whether this would be safe to have on the "safe snack list" at school.  I generally trust General Mills labeling, and tried to do some research on this but couldn't get the ingredients to come up with my internet search.  Just wondering if any PA only families have any experience with this product? Thanks much!
10 year old DD - PA only
USA

rebekahc

The label reads safe and I have eaten it several times (both the blue bag and the "bold" flavor), but it makes me really nervous since they do have pn varieties.
TX - USA
DS - peanut, tree nut, milk, eggs, corn, soy, several meds, many environmentals. Finally back on Xolair!
DD - mystery anaphylaxis, shellfish.
DH - banana/avocado, aspirin.  Asthma.
Me - peanut, tree nut, shellfish, banana/avocado/latex,  some meds.

margo

My son recently had a mild reaction to eating Original Chex Mix.  There wasn't anything in the label suggesting nuts as an ingredient or that it was processed in a plant using nuts.  He has a tree nut/peanut allergy.  Having his blood tested in February to see if he is developing an annatto allergy, which is common in cheesy junk foods.

Jessica

I don't think gm uses dedicated facilities. They label for shared lines though.
USA
DD18-PA/TNA
DD16 and DS14-NKA

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 365 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Please spell spammer backwards:
Three blonde, blue-eyed siblings are named Suzy, Jack and Bill.  What color hair does the sister have?:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview