login
FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: Easter Candy  (Read 8623 times)

Description:

Online YouKnowWho

Easter Candy
« on: February 24, 2014, 07:00:57 AM »
Easter is late this year but that doesn't stop stores from having the candy out before Valentine's Day.

Ferrero Roche has three items of interest for me - a bunny, little eggs and then a plastic container made to look like a bunny full of Ferrero Roche candies.  No shared line warnings - yes, does contain hazelnut, milk, soy and wheat (and no, I was not looking for my kids but myself but I know others here enjoy it as well).

Amazon pricing is horrid, just posting examples
The Bunny
http://www.amazon.com/Ferrero-Rocher-Chocolate-Bunny-Ounce/dp/B00HQK32X4/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1393246620&sr=8-8&keywords=ferrero+rocher+easter

The eggs
http://www.amazon.com/Ferrero-Eggs-Hazelnut-10-Count-Pack/dp/B005I2CEZO/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1393246695&sr=8-5&keywords=ferrero+rocher+easter

The plastic packaging
http://www.amazon.com/Ferrero-Rocher-Bunny-Chocolates-13-Count/dp/B005I2CF9Y/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1393246728&sr=8-4&keywords=ferrero+rocher+easter
DS1 - Wheat, rye, barley and egg
DS2 - peanuts
DD -  tree nuts, soy and sunflower
Me - bananas, eggplant, many drugs
Southeast USA

Offline hezzier

• Global Moderator
Re: Easter Candy
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2014, 07:28:16 AM »
Dove chocolate bunnies have a peanut warning, but no tree nut warning.

Vermont Nut Free Chocolate has a cute "basket" that had a couple items for about $16, but the idea of hitting the easy button for $32 seemed a little expensive considering that doesn't include candy in the plastic eggs that will need to be hidden throughout the house.  Plus I think our easter baskets are in storage...will have to think outside the basket...ha ha.

Offline bleh

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2014, 08:30:49 AM »
My wife just buys new baskets every year instead of looking for them in the basement...
DD: PA/TNA/EA (baked eggs are okay)

Offline PurpleCat

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2014, 03:23:47 PM »
We make easy paper baskets every year and toss them after Easter.  I grew up doing this so I don't find it weird and I don't have to store anything! 

They have not yet but when the kids are older and if they decide this day before Easter craft must go, then I will know it is time for me to stop filling baskets! 

I was in Target and a bunch of candy was on sale so I bought the candy for the egg hunt.  Starburst/Skittles and Wonka variety bags.

Today I found limited edition boxes of Pastel Colored Jr. Mints at the grocery store.  I bought those for the baskets.

We saw but did not buy Cadbury Mini Eggs.  DD and I were label reading and they have 3 kinds.  The white ones contain Shea (which DD is allergic to).  The others do not.

Offline Jessica

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2014, 05:24:00 PM »
I bought fabric baskets on etsy (was too lazy to make them myself). I can hang them in a closet or stuff them in a drawer. Or, in the case of my 16 yo, keep stuff in them and remove it around Easter.
USA
DD18-PA/TNA
DD16 and DS14-NKA

Offline hezzier

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2014, 05:36:34 PM »
I found some small cardboard square boxes with a ribbon handle in the dollar section at Target.  They will work well enough...of course, I also had to spend $1.50 on new plastic eggs since those are with the easter baskets in storage.

Offline Jessica

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2014, 09:42:16 PM »
Don't forget that the tall tubes of sixlets are not safe.
USA
DD18-PA/TNA
DD16 and DS14-NKA

Offline hezzier

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2014, 11:24:48 AM »
I saw Haribo bunny gummies at Target in the Easter section for $1

Offline bleh

« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2014, 11:33:30 AM »
They have a pretty cool lego friends bakery polybag in the easter section. They did however mark up the price as it's $5.59. I am used to these things being $3.99 to $4.99 at Target.
DD: PA/TNA/EA (baked eggs are okay)

Offline hezzier

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2014, 09:39:25 AM »
I saw a bag of swedish fish jelly beans...not sure I read the label, but DS didn't want them for our popcorn/treat and a movie.  Need to go back and get them, looked like they might all be red.

Offline PurpleCat

« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2014, 12:59:42 PM »
Today Walmart had bags of Sixlets variety of colors in cellophane sleeves.  Great for filling eggs or baskets!  Been watching for them.

Offline hezzier

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2014, 12:45:20 PM »
Not candy, but look what I found in the easter aisle at Walmart.  $1.97 a package, you will have to also purchase an egg dying kit to go with them

Offline Macabre

• Global Moderator
  • Don't Blink!
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2014, 01:25:22 PM »
I saw Gimbal's jelly beans at CVS--both regular and sour ones. The sour ones are great.
Me: Sesame, shellfish, chamomile, sage
DS: Peanuts

Offline Jessica

« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2014, 06:53:03 PM »
I've read that these white cadbury bunnies are safe but I can't find them anywhere around here.
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/81j%2BZlS8BoL._SL1500_.jpg
USA
DD18-PA/TNA
DD16 and DS14-NKA

Offline maeve

« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2014, 06:55:54 PM »
I've read that these white cadbury bunnies are safe but I can't find them anywhere around here.
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/81j%2BZlS8BoL._SL1500_.jpg

DH picked up a Cadbury bunny for DD (though it looks different than the one pictured, maybe it's a solid vs. hollow bunny). He found it at our local Harris Teeter.
"Oh, I'm such an unholy mess of a girl."

USA-Virginia
DD allergic to peanuts, tree nuts, and egg; OAS to cantaloupe and cucumber