FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Specific Food Allergies > Egg Allergy

Steps in egg food challenge

(1/4) > >>

kcw:
Our 13-year old son has a 'heated' egg challenge today at 1:00.  We have another son (10) that also has an egg allergy.  Not to get bogged down in details, but curious what steps others have seen in the testing phase.  If he passes, what is next, etc.  Will he proceed to a raw egg food challenge? 

Thanks

CMdeux:
For highly heat-treated egg, usually you do maintenance for a time with regular dosing in the tolerated form.

Some people use prepared foods, others use home-made "doses" (cupcakes, etc.) and otherwise continue avoidance.

Good luck today!!  :crossed:

maeve:
Your physician should provide you with what the process is after the challenge.  It's not really a pass/fail challenge. It's to set a dose at which to start the process of gradually introducing baked egg in the diet.  It doesn't necessarily lead to an egg challenge.

twinturbo:
They should give you some protocol guidance on maintenance and progression. I've seen it done quite a few different ways, unfortunately. On the flip side it should be personalized for best patient outcome. I'm sure you'll do it anyhow but don't leave without clear protocol, especially if the pass isn't so cut & dry regarding pushing through symptoms. I think that's the one I hear the most confusion about, that and baking protocols.

kcw:
Well....all for naught.  Very disappointing day.  My wife just texted and said that only a small bite had to give Epi-pen.  Very bummed!! Will find out more specifics when she gets back in town from Dr.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version