Previous topic - Next topic

momtoAidenDeclan

I told my mom I would make dessert next weekend and it needs to be eggless

Thanks!
Never mistake motion for action. ~~
Ernest Hemingway

DS#1 1/23/2000 - PA
DS#2 10/23/2003 - NKA - Type 1 diabetes
me - environmental and sulfa drug allergies...periods of mystery hives over the years....

twinturbo

If I could have it apple turnovers with puff pastry.

MandCmama

A fav crowd pleaser here- ice cream cake: 6 store bought ice cream sandwiches on a platter (we use wegman's brand) spread with homemade chocolate whipped cream, top with crushed Oreos or whoppers or sweet goody of choice, top with 6 more ice cream sandwiches and spread with remaining chocolate whipped cream as if double layer cake. Top with goody of choice or decorate. There is never a bite left and it's soooo easy, but looks like lots of effort.
Pennsylvania, USA
DS#1 (Born 11/2006)- allergic to peanuts and tree nuts
DS#2 (Born 3/2009)- allergic to egg, peanuts, and tree nuts (and Penicillin as of '18)

Mookie86

Are you looking for a finger food, like cookies?  Cake?  Pie? 

My friend has baked vegan desserts that have gone over great with folks who eat eggs and dairy, so I could ask her for a recipe.

GingerPye

I have a lot of egg-free dessert recipes.  What kind of dessert are you thinking of?
DD, 25 - MA/EA/PA/env./eczema/asthma
DS, 22 - MA/EA/PA/env.
DH - adult-onset asthma
me - env. allergies, exhaustion, & mental collapse ...

CMdeux

DD has a panna cotta recipe that looks amazing-- but we've yet to try it.

Resistance isn't futile.  It's voltage divided by current. 

Western U.S.

becca

I also have eggless recipes for sweets.  Cookies, brownies, etc...  More specific request?
dd with peanut, tree nut and raw egg allergy

spacecanada

I also have loads of tried, tested, and loved by many recipes.  Crepes are always fun and delicious, filled with compote or Bird's custard.  Other ideas: slices, squares, tarts, biscuits/cookies, cupcakes, stewed fruit, cobbler, etc.  Great, now I'm hungry!   :yes:
ANA peanuts, tree nuts, wheat, potato, sorghum

Janelle205

Banana dulce de leche pie.

Need:
Bananas (very slightly green is best)
Single crust pie crust (I make my own or use the Pilsbury refrigerated - I am not PN or TN allergic)
Whipped Topping (I use generic cool whip)
Either 2 cans of dulce de leche (sometimes you can find this in the Mexican section of the grocery) or two cans of sweetened condensed milk

Bake the crust for the pie.

If you have canned sweetened condensed milk instead of the dulce de leche, you will need to caramelize it.  I do this by taking the labels off the cans and putting the whole cans on their sides in a pot of water unopened.  Boil them for around 3 hours, making sure to keep them completely covered with water.  Note: I have heard on the internet both that this is perfectly fine and that it will surely explode and kill me.  I personally have never had a problem.  When you are done boiling, let them cool completely before opening them.

Layer the pie - sliced bananas on the bottom, then spread one can of dulce de leche over the top.  Another layer of sliced bananas, and the second can.  Then one more layer of bananas and top with the whipped topping - I usually use about half of the container.  Refrigerate until ready to serve.

This is very rich - small slices are good.  Everyone that I have made it for has loved it.

momtoAidenDeclan

that sounds yummy janelle - as does the icecream cake...looking for a cake or pie - something to slice and serve
Never mistake motion for action. ~~
Ernest Hemingway

DS#1 1/23/2000 - PA
DS#2 10/23/2003 - NKA - Type 1 diabetes
me - environmental and sulfa drug allergies...periods of mystery hives over the years....

nameless

AH - pudding pie!  Make some homemade pudding (not anything from a box) -- the homemade stuff can get thicker which is what you need for a pie.  Use a graham crust (are they egg free?) or a regular pie crust. Top with whipped cream.

I love making homemade pudding pies with a dark chocolate pudding, regular pie crust, and real whipped cream (from my mixer, not a spray can).

Let the pudding cool on the counter before pouring into the baked pie shell (which should be COLD).  I find it takes about 8 hrs to really set up to be a 'pie'.

I have a good recipe for homemade pudding:

You can alter the amount of sugar and cocoa. If you want it darker cocoa taste, then add a bit more cocoa. If you want it sweeter, add more sugar. I usually add 1 TB more cocoa :)

Ingredients:
3   Tbsp. cornstarch
3   Tbsp. sugar
2   Tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
2   cups skim milk
1   tsp. pure vanilla extract
In a small bowl whisk together cornstarch, sugar, and cocoa.
In a heavy saucepan heat up the milk on medium. After 5 minutes, when the milk is room temp to warmish, add the cornstarch, sugar, cocoa. You can skip this step, but the dry stuff mixes in better when the milk is a little warm.
Cook on medium heat, stirring constantly, until the pudding comes to a boil. Don't rush it! You can scorch the milk/cocoa if you use medium high heat for example. I have a custard egg whisk thing from IKEA that works awesome to just whisk along the bottom of the saucepan the whole time.  http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/80157365/
Lower the heat to Low and gently simmer, stirring continuously, for 3 or 4 minutes. It'll get nice and thick!
Stir in the vanilla and pour into whatever you want to serve it in.
40+ years dealing with:
Allergies: peanut, most treenuts, shrimp
New England

spacecanada

Or, magic pie (from theppk.com):

Ingredients
16 oz. Silken tofu
1 cookie crumb crust
1 pkg (12 oz) Chocolate Chips
1 tsp. Vanilla

Directions
Mix the tofu and vanilla in the blender. Put most of the chocolate chips (save some, about 1/4 cup) into the saucepan and cook over medium heat until melted.  (I used a bain marie to melt chocolate.) Add melted chocolate to the blender and mix until smooth. Stir in remaining chocolate chips, then pour entire mixture into pie crust and refrigerate for about 3 hours. Enjoy!
ANA peanuts, tree nuts, wheat, potato, sorghum

Mookie86

That sounds good, spacecanada!  I hope to try it soon.

GingerPye

trying here, too, if I can figure out a cookie crumb crust.  Would that be an oreo crust?
DD, 25 - MA/EA/PA/env./eczema/asthma
DS, 22 - MA/EA/PA/env.
DH - adult-onset asthma
me - env. allergies, exhaustion, & mental collapse ...

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 365 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Three blonde, blue-eyed siblings are named Suzy, Jack and Bill.  What color hair does the sister have?:
Please spell spammer backwards:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview