Sunbutter frosting

Started by MandCmama, March 02, 2014, 07:57:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MandCmama

Made it for the first time to top wacky cake cupcakes.... It's definitely an off hue to begin with... Will it turn green like my cookies? It's for C's birthday- I don't want to frighten the guests, lol!
Pennsylvania, USA
DS#1 (Born 11/2006)- allergic to peanuts and tree nuts
DS#2 (Born 3/2009)- allergic to egg, peanuts, and tree nuts (and Penicillin as of '18)

hezzier

No because there is no baking powder/soda in the recipe

sneaker

Could you post the recipe for this sunbutter frosting?

Total allergens being avoided by my kids is milk, peanut, tree nut, and sesame.  I usually purchase Divvies frosting online or when I was able to find in stores, used Cherrybrook Kitchen mix.

But it would be nice to have another alternative and my kids have had Sunbutter.

MandCmama

I just adapted a PB recipe. I'm sure it could be adapted to be milk free as well.

1/2 c butter softened
1 c creamy Sunbutter
3 TBS milk, or as needed
2 c confectioners' sugar

Place butter and SB in med bowl and beat with mixer. Gradually mix in sugar, as it thickens, incorporate milk 1 TBS at a time until all of the sugar is mixed in and the frosting is thick and spreadable. Beat for at least 3 min for it to get good and fluffy.
Pennsylvania, USA
DS#1 (Born 11/2006)- allergic to peanuts and tree nuts
DS#2 (Born 3/2009)- allergic to egg, peanuts, and tree nuts (and Penicillin as of '18)

sneaker

MandCmama, Thanks for the recipe.

Yes, I could use substitutes for the milk products.  For butter, an Earth Balance product I use or I think I have also used a Fleischmanns brand product.  For milk, I would use the soy we use.

Thanks Again!

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 365 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Please spell spammer backwards:
Spell the answer to 6 + 7 =:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview