FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: Asparagus recipes  (Read 4838 times)

Description:

Offline Macabre

• Global Moderator
  • Don't Blink!
Re: Asparagus recipes
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2014, 11:15:11 PM »
This story came just in time!

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thesalt/2014/03/13/289607183/top-5-ways-asparagus-a-rite-of-spring-can-still-surprise

Here's how the story starts:

As the snow melts, even in Minnesota, and daylight lingers into evening, people who like to eat with the seasons know what's coming: asparagus.

:rofl:
Me: Sesame, shellfish, chamomile, sage
DS: Peanuts

Offline Macabre

• Global Moderator
  • Don't Blink!
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2014, 11:05:15 PM »
Spargel soup tonight! DS loved it.

--Asparagus (1lb or so), chopped and roasted  (tossed in EVOO, coarse salt and pepper first)
--Onion and two cloves of garlic sauteed. I sauteed in EVOO but added a little butter at the end.
--1 cup of No-chicken Stock by Imagine (I'm guessing non-vegetarians would use chicken stock)
--1 cup-ish of 1% milk

blended it

reheated it

served with a few dollops of goat cheese and garnished with a few spargel spear tips I saved from the blender

wow
Me: Sesame, shellfish, chamomile, sage
DS: Peanuts

Offline ajasfolks2

• Global Moderator
  • Committee Member Firebird
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2014, 09:10:25 AM »
Cannot wait for some really FRESH a**-per-grass (that's what I grew up calling it) . . .

I'm really wanting to have some in my veggie garden (still in the planning stages, will be next year's project) . . . but this year I'll settle for Farmer's Market Fresh.  :-)

I love it in Pasta Primavera . . .

Going to add grilled asparagus to my menu with lamb / meat for April / Easter.

Yum!!

Is this where I blame iPhone and cuss like an old fighter pilot's wife?

**(&%@@&%$^%$#^%$#$*&      LOL!!