some good news for our daughter!

Started by eragon, March 21, 2014, 03:35:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eragon

on Wednesday she passed her soya food challenge, with flying colours, and even two days later has shown no signs of intolerance, let alone a ige reaction.

her skin prick test to kiwi fruit was negative as well. which was odd. as that was her last  reaction.

so on the one hand we are celebrating but allergy nurse mentioned perhaps getting some skin prick testing for other foods. He asked about when she last ate peanut or any other tree nuts. When she told him she had a bit of toast and peanut butter around her friends house last month he said that it could still be a cause and worth testing.

I am confused and have no idea what to think now. still pleased she has more food choices for her now with soya no longer being a problem.
Its OK to have dreams:one day my kids will be legal adults & have the skills to pick up a bath towel.

CMdeux

Wow-- that is terrific!!  (On the other hand, I sure hope that they figure some of this weird stuff out, if you kwim...  worrying to not know exactly what the issue is now...)

Resistance isn't futile.  It's voltage divided by current. 

Western U.S.

eragon

my Dd was really happy that she had a choice of meals to eat at macdonalds today!
Its OK to have dreams:one day my kids will be legal adults & have the skills to pick up a bath towel.

rebekahc

TX - USA
DS - peanut, tree nut, milk, eggs, corn, soy, several meds, many environmentals. Finally back on Xolair!
DD - mystery anaphylaxis, shellfish.
DH - banana/avocado, aspirin.  Asthma.
Me - peanut, tree nut, shellfish, banana/avocado/latex,  some meds.

Janelle205

eragon

food shopping was easier , but I forgot to BUY soya milk, she needs to drink some every day just to make sure she stays ok with it.

momma2boys

peanut, treenut, sesame
Northeast, US

becca

dd with peanut, tree nut and raw egg allergy

twinturbo

Fantastic. That is a huge allergen to avoid. Every last bit of livability is meaningful.

Mfamom

When People Show You Who They Are, Believe Them.  The First Time.

Committee Member Hermes

eragon

after the good news, sunday brought  a reaction , to milk and dustmite mix.

has a very low  positive to milk, (SPT) and was able to eat a small slice of pizza with small amount of cheese. Doc said carry on. However I think that goal post has changed. Doc says avoid after having a long constant reaction with facial swelling. has only just got better this Tuesday evening after lot of antihistamines.

So my next big question, moving to autoinjectors will only be sorted out for next appointment, which is October.
Am going to make sure she has her daily antihistmime every night from now on.

CMdeux

Resistance isn't futile.  It's voltage divided by current. 

Western U.S.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 365 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Please spell spammer backwards:
Three blonde, blue-eyed siblings are named Suzy, Jack and Bill.  What color hair does the sister have?:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview