Wendy's: New peanut butter sauce for salad

Started by twinturbo, March 29, 2014, 09:39:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

twinturbo

Went back to our local Wendy's today. No dressing there took DS1 for a Frosty.

twinturbo

We've been doing our weekly shake there for a couple of weeks now. *knock on wood* If only I can get DS1 to switch to their burgers.

CMdeux

They reportedly have the replacement spicy dressing in now (sans peanut) but they are putting it INTO cups since it isn't individually prepacked yet--

honestly, nice save for them.  I thanked the manager for their trouble and reassured them that it matters when I was in last week. :)
Resistance isn't futile.  It's voltage divided by current. 

Western U.S.

nameless

so...here in Toronto I saw a spicy-cashew salad at McDonald's

...discuss...
40+ years dealing with:
Allergies: peanut, most treenuts, shrimp
New England

Jessica

Went to Wendy's on Friday and they said they still have the dressing. I'm wondering now if it is the reformulated kind because it sounds like it's been replaced company-wide. I'll have to call and ask for a manager.
USA
DD18-PA/TNA
DD16 and DS14-NKA

CMdeux

What I learned, shooting the breeze as I waited to grab our (to go) order:

Yes, they now have the dressing again-- I commented that that was quick, no peanut in it now, I guess-- Yes, that's correct, and it's nice that they have the replacement out already, but it wasn't possible to get it in individual portions, so it comes in a BIG BAG of dressing, and the store employees have to portion it into solo cups at the start of the day. 

I expressed appreciation for the effort to keep peanut off the menu.

(Yeah, not thrilled with the cashew thing either, but at least that is a solid and not a liquid/gel/emulsion.  )

Western U.S.

Jessica

hm that's interesting because during the conversation (in which I had to really explain slowly that I only wanted to make sure there was no cc but that I was not actually ordering the salad) I could have sworn she mentioned people 'getting it ready first thing'.
USA
DD18-PA/TNA
DD16 and DS14-NKA

CMdeux

I think that still tallies with what I heard, Jessica-- could mean "first thing" in the morning, they have to do the prep for it, or "first thing" meaning that it was a top priority to get a similar dressing back on the menu since it was a popular salad-and-dressing combo (seemingly the most popular of the new menu items).

Meaning that it was a high priority-- and that employees now have work to do to portion it ("prepare" it) for individual consumer sale.

Western U.S.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 365 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Three blonde, blue-eyed siblings are named Suzy, Jack and Bill.  What color hair does the sister have?:
Please spell spammer backwards:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview