login
FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: Using an app to track diet and symptoms  (Read 4733 times)

Description:

Offline SheerRockFace

Using an app to track diet and symptoms
« on: April 03, 2014, 05:49:27 AM »
Hello,

I've been having a few stomach issues over the last few months, so I decided to start using an app to try and record what I was eating and when I got my symptoms. This is the one I have started using: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=uk.alderagarik.intolerancefooddiary

Has anyone else tried this? Is it worth it? And how successful were you in identifying a food intolerance or allergy?

Thanks.

Offline rebekahc

• Global Moderator
Re: Using an app to track diet and symptoms
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2014, 10:33:21 AM »
Since the app has only been available since last week, I don't know that anyone here would have experience with it.  And surely not enough experience to make a recommendation either for or against this app.

Keeping a food diary is a good idea if you think you're having food reactions but aren't sure of the cause.  It's probably up to personal preference whether you use an app or just do it manually.  My choice would be manually.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2014, 10:42:23 AM by rebekahc »
TX - USA
DS - peanut, tree nut, milk, eggs, corn, soy, several meds, many environmentals. Finally back on Xolair!
DD - mystery anaphylaxis, shellfish.
DH - banana/avocado, aspirin.  Asthma.
Me - peanut, tree nut, shellfish, banana/avocado/latex,  some meds.

Offline SilverLining

Re: Using an app to track diet and symptoms
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2014, 10:53:23 AM »
I agree with Rebekah.