FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Discussion Boards > Recipes & Cooking

Matzoh Dishes

(1/4) > >>

GoingNuts:
Chocolate/Caramel Matzoh Crunch
Aka "that Matzoh crack that Amy makes"

Preheat oven to 375. Line a heavy baking sheet with foil, cover foil with parchment paper.

Take 4-6 sheets of matzoh and cover the surface of the baking sheet. 

Melt 2 sticks of butter.  Add 1 cup of packed brown sugar and bring to a boil, stirring constantly.

Stir for a few more minutes until the butter and sugar are combined, but remove from heat before it starts to harden!

Pour evenly over matzoh, then place in oven. Immediately lower heat to 350, and bake for 12-15 minutes. Check a little early to be sure it isn't burning.

When finished baking, remove from oven and sprinkle with 3/4 cup of dark chocolate chips.  Allow to sit for 5 minutes, then spread chocolate.  Place in freezer to set.  Break up into smaller pieces.

I like to salt the caramel mixture a bit, and you can add things like craisins, nuts, mini marshmallows, etc. after spreading the chocolate.

Easy peasy, and yes, it is crack.

Mookie86:
This sounds easy enough for me to make!

becca:
Ah!  I wondered if that was it.  I have done it with saltines, so you have the salt in those.  I thought about using graham crackers once when we had no saltines.  I am sure that would work too.  matzoh sounds like a perfect option for this!  And larget pieces, which makes it easier to spread the mixutre.

Thank you! 

Macabre:
So is Manaschweitz safe for sesame?

GoingNuts:
Sorry Mac, I totally missed this.   It's been years since I called, but back when I did the plain matZoh that was specifically for Passover was safe.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version