login
FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: Canadian candy/chocolate list!  (Read 5290 times)

Description:

Offline Jessica

Re: Canadian candy/chocolate list!
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2014, 11:33:44 AM »
We had planned to get some chapman's when we were there hoping to find it in individually wrapped pkgs. No dice-they only sell it in the boxes. So with 3 small-ish kids and 2 adults I didn't want to have to put away a full box of ice creams at once. Now all 3 kids are lactose intolerant so it's a moot point.
USA
DD18-PA/TNA
DD16 and DS14-NKA

twinturbo

« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2014, 12:10:17 PM »
That's going to be one interesting declaration form.

Offline nameless

« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2014, 07:54:38 PM »
That's going to be one interesting declaration form.

tehehe ---

the 20-piece snack packs have a $1 coupon if you buy 2 (4)bar full-size packs...which are also on sale.

So --- I went back to Shoppers tonight with my 2 coupons...got (4) full-size packs of Coffee Crisp and Kit Kat. I bought 2 new 20-piece packs of Kit Kat and Coffee Crisp...each has another coupon. Tomorrow I'll go back and buy 4-more 4-packs. 

Yes, interesting form indeed!

40+ years dealing with:
Allergies: peanut, most treenuts, shrimp
New England

Offline candyguru

« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2014, 09:56:42 PM »
Mars bars are also peanut-free, and Mars caramel too.(in the USA they are called Milky Way). You will see the peanut-free logo on all Mars bars made in Canada.

Nestle regular size and snack size Aero, Kit Kat, Smarties, Coffee Crisp, and Mirage are peanut free and nut-free.There are new large safe Aero bars too (strawberry, caramel , dark chocolate varieties)

Several varieties of Quaker granola bars are peanut-free, and several varieties of cookies including Dare too. Dare candies are labelled as peanut and nut-free too.

:-)

-----------------------------------------------------------
CANADA, land of maple syrup and poutine
Me:  peanuts, ragweed
DD1:  PRACTICALLY EVERYTHING NOW! peanuts, tree nuts, sesame, eggs, wheat, lentils/peas/beans, leaf mould
DD2:  milk (and avoiding peanuts)

Offline nameless

« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2014, 10:03:34 PM »
Mars bars are also peanut-free, and Mars caramel too.(in the USA they are called Milky Way). You will see the peanut-free logo on all Mars bars made in Canada.

Nestle regular size and snack size Aero, Kit Kat, Smarties, Coffee Crisp, and Mirage are peanut free and nut-free.There are new large safe Aero bars too (strawberry, caramel , dark chocolate varieties)

Several varieties of Quaker granola bars are peanut-free, and several varieties of cookies including Dare too. Dare candies are labelled as peanut and nut-free too.

:-)

Oh yes, I found the Mars bars (what I know as Milky Way). Not a fan of the all-caramel Mars bar (what is called Mars Simply Caramel in the US)  Haven't see Mirage, but I wasn't looking.  It looks like a type of Aero kind of bar? 

I have to be honest...not a fan of the Aero.

...still have to try Poutine
40+ years dealing with:
Allergies: peanut, most treenuts, shrimp
New England

Offline SilverLining

« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2014, 06:25:23 AM »
We had planned to get some chapman's when we were there hoping to find it in individually wrapped pkgs. No dice-they only sell it in the boxes. So with 3 small-ish kids and 2 adults I didn't want to have to put away a full box of ice creams at once. Now all 3 kids are lactose intolerant so it's a moot point.

They do now have some small boxes with about 6 items in it.  Not always available, and we never know where we'll find them.

They do have some lactose free products....including ice cream sandwiches?  It lists modified milk ingredients.....guess I don't know what lactose free means, but obviously not the same as dairy free?