FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Specific Food Allergies > Sulfite/Food Additive Sensitivities

Can't find sulfites...?

(1/2) > >>

mountain2012:
Hello everyone, this is my first post.

I'm doing an elimination diet and it's time to challenge sulfites, which I suspect is the problem.  I can't find anything at the grocery store that contains sulfites.  There's plenty of stuff that contains sulfur dioxide, which is not a sulfite although people claim to react to it.

Can you please list some foods you've found that have sulfites so I might order them off the internet to complete my food challenge?

thanks!

rebekahc:
There's a thread stickied at the top of this section - list of foods containing sulfites - that and reading through threads in this section will probably have the information you want.

Macabre:
If you suspect sulfites are a problem, you are already encountering issues when eating or drinking things big in them, right? 

Sulfites occur naturally in wine, but they are added, too. Us domestic wines tend to be higher in them than some imported wines and white tends to be worse than red.

rebekahc:
One more thing... If you don't know which foods contain sulfites, how have you been avoiding them?

spacecanada:

--- Quote from: rebekahc on May 08, 2014, 10:35:41 AM ---One more thing... If you don't know which foods contain sulfites, how have you been avoiding them?

--- End quote ---
As sulphites are in many common foods (and other items), I wondered this as well. 

I'll go back to snacking on my very brown dried apricots now... ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version