login
FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: Food Allergy Help  (Read 2129 times)

Description:

JacobDO

Food Allergy Help
« on: November 14, 2014, 11:09:16 AM »
After 20-years in clinical research, it still surprises me that may of my colleagues have forgotten what they learned in physiology 101.
Many food allergies are the result of incomplete sterilization and conversion of the nutrients consumed.  When food enters the stomach, it is mixed with Hydrochloric acid (HCL) and a host of other enzymes. The most important of these enzymes is Pepsin one and two.  The HCL, along with the churning action of the stomach (peristalsis), turns the nutrients into a thick liquid mass, called chyme.  The HCL and pepsin breakdown proteins into proteoses and peptones, which are the building blocks for the amino acids, necessary to sustain life.
As a person ages, the acid producing cells in the stomach (parietal cells) wane in their to produce sufficiently strong HCL. This condition is called Hypochlorhydria, in extreme cases it is called Achlorhydria (no acid production). Hypochlorhydria is common to all age groups, not just older people.
The peptic enzymes are most active in the conversion of proteins when the strength of the HCL is at 1.0 to 1.3 pH. As the strength of the HCL drops, so does the ability of the peptic enzymes to convert proteins.  At 5.0 pH the peptic enzymes are completely inactive in the conversion of proteins.
What does all this mean???? Many proteins are allergens and will cause allergies if they are not destroyed in the first stage of digestion.  Hypochlorhydria will allow raw protein to dump into the small  bowel and cause allergic reactions. The most common of these reactions is the IgG reaction that occurs hours, or in some cases days after ingestion. The less common allergic reaction is the IgE reaction that occurs immediately after ingestion.
Nursing women that are Hypochlorhydric, or Achlorhydric, can transmit allergens to the newborn through nursing.
Proper pH balance in the digestive tract is vitally important in maintaining a healthy immune system and preventing food allergies. If you have food allergies or other digestive issues, I highly recommend that you get a pH diagnostic test or gastrogram. A pH diagnostic test, or gastrogram, will allow the doctor to make an accurate assessment of your digestive issues.  Search the net for pH diagnostic test, gastrogram or pH capsule test.

guess

Re: Food Allergy Help
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2014, 11:20:55 AM »
After 20-years in clinical research, it still surprises me

The most common of these reactions is the IgG reaction that occurs hours, or in some cases days after ingestion.

I've got another surprise for you that should not be a surprise.

I see patients every week who have had IgG testing for food allergy, in which their blood was tested for IgG antibodies instead of IgE antibodies (the antibodies typically associated with allergies). These patients often come in on extremely restricted diets because they had tested positive to so many things. This is no surprise though because a normal immune system is supposed to make IgG antibodies to foreign proteins, and a positive IgG test to a food is therefore a sign of a normal immune system rather than a sign of food allergy.

Debunking Alternative Food Allergy Tests and Therapies

I'll go prepare myself for the Lincoln Osiris bathtub baptism that's sure to follow.

Offline CMdeux

• Global Moderator
  • -- but sometimes the voices have good ideas!
Re: Food Allergy Help
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2014, 11:24:40 AM »
Thank you, guess.

No, really.  It's grant-resubmission day.  Tick-tock, tick-tock.   :smooch:

Resistance isn't futile.  It's voltage divided by current. 

Western U.S.