FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Specific Food Allergies > Milk Allergy

Baked Milk Challenge

(1/2) > >>

GingerPye:
My DD had a baked milk challenge today at the hospital with our allergist.  We found out she's still allergic.  Boy, is she still allergic.  She ate a tiny bite of a cake baked with milk, and within ONE MINUTE had symptoms that required epinephrine.  Sad, sad day.  She's fine ...... the epinephrine took care of it, along with Zyrtec.

We were all amazed at how quickly it happened.  Almost instantaneous.  She had throat itching and she said it felt like her tongue was starting to swell; her ears began to itch (inside), and she became very nauseous.

Ate a teeny bite and then BOOM.  Epi.  Challenge done.  All within 5 minutes.
 :-/

becca:
 :-[

So sorry that happened.  But better to know she needs to be so very careful of milk headed off to college.  Ugh. 

:grouphug: :heart:

GingerPye:
Yes, now we know.  We knew years ago that she was allergic to milk --- but had hoped that with time and growth, she had outgrown or at least would tolerate baked milk. 

Going to try for baked egg in a few weeks.

my3guys:
So sorry GP :grouphug: Like becca said, better to confirm that in an allergist's office than off at college.

GoingNuts:
Oh GP, I'm so sorry.  Deep inside we all get our hopes up and it's so disappointing to have them dashed.   :console:

How does DD feel about it? 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version