FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: Chicago Public Schools Emergency Epi Policy  (Read 2054 times)

Description:

Offline LinksEtc

Chicago Public Schools Emergency Epi Policy
« on: July 22, 2014, 04:11:41 PM »
Tweeted by @AllergyEducator

"The Development and Implementation of the Chicago Public Schools Emergency EpiPenŽ Policy"
http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/josh.12147/abstract

guess

Re: Chicago Public Schools Emergency Epi Policy
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2014, 12:16:37 PM »
If anyone would like to hear Dr. Ruchi Gupta present this (or a remarkably similar study on CPS with regard to identifying LTFA students and getting meds in school) email FARE for permission to distribute an audio recording only within our support group, gimme a copy of that permission from FARE and I'll share with you as my support group BFF. I was already there and don't interact much with FARE beyond the con so whosoever wants it come get it. I will not post it online.

Generally speaking I was not blown out of the water on how much was spent on the study (or its cousin study on CPS) with its glaring lack of participation and oversight from the proper department that would have supplied technical guidance for FREE to ensure compliance with federal laws and procedural safeguards. Why on earth not involve OCR proactively?

By the way, y'all. How about a moderated listserv with nifty bylaws for FAS? I would volunteer to enable it but not moderate it. DH can help with the technical portion but it should be straightforward because I don't think my other group is exactly tech savvy. listserv = greater privacy for crowdsourcing hot spots. Just sayin'.