FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: Trouble accessing forum?  (Read 34730 times)

Description:

Offline GoingNuts

Re: Trouble accessing forum?
« Reply #45 on: June 09, 2016, 06:38:27 AM »
I've had problems on both my iPhone (with both Wifi and Data) and Desktop (using Chrome - I have no idea what version!).

So far this morning seems fine.  :thumbsup:
"Speak out against the madness" - David Crosby
N.E. US

Offline GoingNuts

« Reply #46 on: June 10, 2016, 08:20:32 AM »
Slow again to post.  I'm on my desktop, using Chrome.  But at least it is loading, and I haven't seen any Error messages.
N.E. US

Offline rebekahc

• Global Moderator
« Reply #47 on: June 10, 2016, 09:16:56 AM »
DD is in surgery this morning, but I will email our host again later today or tomorrow. Thanks for letting me know.
TX - USA
DS - peanut, tree nut, milk, eggs, corn, soy, several meds, many environmentals. Finally back on Xolair!
DD - mystery anaphylaxis, shellfish.
DH - banana/avocado, aspirin.  Asthma.
Me - peanut, tree nut, shellfish, banana/avocado/latex,  some meds.

Offline GoingNuts

« Reply #48 on: June 10, 2016, 03:27:26 PM »
OMG , I hope DD is OK. You have more important things to worry about than this forum right now.  :grouphug:
N.E. US

Offline rebekahc

• Global Moderator
« Reply #49 on: June 10, 2016, 06:28:17 PM »
Thanks, GN. She had knee surgery to fix some congenital problems and repair damage done 15 months ago when one of her "friends" kicked her in the knee. So far so good. 🙂
TX - USA
DS - peanut, tree nut, milk, eggs, corn, soy, several meds, many environmentals. Finally back on Xolair!

Offline GoingNuts

« Reply #50 on: June 10, 2016, 08:46:16 PM »
At yi yi.  She doesn't have Plica Syndrome, does she?  Elder DS had one knee done 5 years ago (the day my mom passed, in fact), and will probably need to do the other knee at some point.

I hope she has a speedy, uneventful recovery.
N.E. US

Offline rebekahc

• Global Moderator
« Reply #51 on: June 10, 2016, 09:21:59 PM »
Yes, she had a lateral release, large plica and synovial membrane removed and fat pad debridement due to Hoffa's syndrome (caused by the blow to the knee).  On X-ray, her right knee looks worse, but it isn't bothering her yet - hopefully it stays good for a while!  I hope your DS's other knee stays good, too!
TX - USA

Offline rebekahc

• Global Moderator
« Reply #52 on: June 13, 2016, 12:23:20 PM »
Is anyone still having trouble?  Here is the response I got:

Hello, The server is running at normal speed, if they are still having an issue, please send us their IP number which they can get here:
https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=what+is+my+ip+address

Then e-mail that to us and we will check the routing.

Thank you,
OLI Support Team

I can pull the IPs from your posts if you need me to - just let me know if there's still trouble.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2016, 12:28:39 PM by rebekahc »
TX - USA

Offline Macabre

• Global Moderator
  • Don't Blink!
« Reply #53 on: June 13, 2016, 06:40:47 PM »
Oh my goodness--I missed that RC! I hope she is recovering well. Some kiddos' activities are really cramped by this kind of thing. Your DD is one of those kiddos. Yikes.

No trouble since last week. I haven't had a moment in several days when I feared I was about to lose a post!
Me: Sesame, shellfish, chamomile, sage
DS: Peanuts

Offline GoingNuts

« Reply #54 on: June 13, 2016, 06:42:42 PM »
No problems today! 

How's DD's recovery going?
N.E. US

Offline rebekahc

• Global Moderator
« Reply #55 on: June 13, 2016, 09:27:42 PM »
Oh good - I'm glad things seem to be better!

DD is recovering as expected. She had her first PT session today - they did a dressing change and some beginning range of motion and strengthening exercises. Yes, Mac, her athletics have really suffered. She was injured Feb. 2015 when a girl kicked her in the knee (just horsing around, but she hit the side of DD's knee instead of the back) with pretty severe consequences, unfortunately. We thought it would heal within a few months, so DD tried out for and made a prestigious team. By the time we realized it wasn't going to heal, she was committed for the season and had to just work through the pain - the coaches minimized where they could, but even so it was a struggle for her. This upcoming season would have been her last, but since we knew she was needing surgery that takes about 3 months to heal, she wasn't able to try out. I doubt she'll get the opportunity to compete her senior year.  :-[
« Last Edit: June 13, 2016, 09:29:32 PM by rebekahc »
TX - USA

Offline GoingNuts

« Reply #56 on: June 14, 2016, 06:04:14 AM »
Oh, that is just terrible.  I'm so sorry for her.  But glad to hear her recovery is going well at least.  :console:
N.E. US

Offline spacecanada

« Reply #57 on: August 31, 2016, 05:31:15 PM »
The forum won't let me create a new login name and password.  It just hangs there and then goes to a screen telling me there was a security problem.  Anyone know what's up?

I'm trying to create an alter-ego for my business.
ANA peanuts, tree nuts, wheat, potato, sorghum

Offline admin rebekahc

• Administrator
« Reply #58 on: August 31, 2016, 08:58:16 PM »
The forum won't let me create a new login name and password.  It just hangs there and then goes to a screen telling me there was a security problem.  Anyone know what's up?

I'm trying to create an alter-ego for my business.

I'm not sure what's happening with your registration, but I suspect it may be that you can't have two accounts with the same email. My suggestion would be to create a sub account.

Choose the Profile button above then Account Settings > Modify Profile > Manage SubAccounts

There you can create an account for your business.

Once you have your sub account set up, you will have a drop down menu near your profile picture to switch easily between accounts without having to log out and in. While in your sub account you can go in and give it an avatar, choose settings, etc. which are all independent of your SC account.

And, if you accidentally post with one account and it should have been the other, you can edit and use the drop down to switch the author.

If you need features/ access that are post-count dependent, just let me know an I think I can go in and alter your sub account's post-count to give you those things.

Hope that helps. If you have any trouble, let me know and I'll PM you for info and set it up for you.
TX USA

Offline spacecanada

« Reply #59 on: August 31, 2016, 09:27:19 PM »
Thank you, Rebekah. I will try that tomorrow.  :thumbsup:
ANA peanuts, tree nuts, wheat, potato, sorghum