Pre-packaged frozen meals- Pa/tna safe?

Started by nonuteen, August 03, 2014, 03:45:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nonuteen

Does anyone use Amy's, Lean cuisine, healthy choice or anything similar?  Looking for safe microwavable meals when needed.  Thanks!

Macabre

We use Amy's frequently, but we're not dealing with a TNA. They do label for shared equipment, which is nice.
Me: Sesame, shellfish, chamomile, sage
DS: Peanuts

nonuteen

Thanks!  I see Amy's does not have Peanuts in the facility but does have treenuts and many of their products seem to have a warning.  Good to hear they label for xcont though. 

Anyone use Healthy Choice or Lean Cuisine?  DD is interested in quick meals for college and we have zero experience with them at home.

maeve

My PA/TNA/Egg Allergic DD has had one of the chicken club paninis, the small cheese pizza, and the cheese and pepperoni french bread pizzas. I think she may have had the cheese flatbread snack pizza too and one of the spring roll varieties.
"Oh, I'm such an unholy mess of a girl."

USA-Virginia
DD allergic to peanuts, tree nuts, and egg; OAS to cantaloupe and cucumber

YouKnowWho

Double check but I believe Evol bowls are pn/tn free (not to mention pretty tasty and simple ingredients).

And not sure how much access to a kitchen she has or how far from home she will be but I often freeze single servings of soups and stews to have on hand when I need them. 
DS1 - Wheat, rye, barley and egg
DS2 - peanuts
DD -  tree nuts, soy and sunflower
Me - bananas, eggplant, many drugs
Southeast USA

nonuteen

Called Evol .  Their products looked great and healthier than other frozen items!!  I couldn't find any products with a pN/treenut warning.  However, when I called she said everything is run on the same lines.  They are PEANUT free aside from employee lunches but they do have coconuts, pecan and pistachio in the plant and run on shared lines.  They would however rinse and clean the line before using but do not label for shared lines.
DD is TN also so not sure this is in our comfort zone but great for PA only!!:)

nonuteen

Anyone who is TNA use EVOL?  The label is safe however when I called they do  use shared lines but say they thoroughly clean and I believe test.  Thoughts?

GoingNuts

Not in my comfort zone.  And for DS, there is also sesame to consider. 

Shame, because I'd love for him to have a "less-unhealthy-frozen-option" as he's moving off campus this semester.  I'm cooking tons of stuff to bring up with us to stock his freezer.
"Speak out against the madness" - David Crosby
N.E. US

Macabre

Yes, we (with only a couple of specific exceptions) also do not use shared lines. So many make that claim.
Me: Sesame, shellfish, chamomile, sage
DS: Peanuts

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 365 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Three blonde, blue-eyed siblings are named Suzy, Jack and Bill.  What color hair does the sister have?:
Please spell spammer backwards:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview