FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Specific Food Allergies > Seed Allergy

Another sesame petition

(1/3) > >>

LinksEtc:
Tweeted by @FoodAllergyBuzz & @briheller

"Add Sesame Seeds as an allergen to US Product labeling laws"

https://www.change.org/p/fda-add-sesame-seeds-as-an-allergen-to-us-product-labeling-laws

We're all thinking the same thing ... that it is time to label for sesame.

This isn't the petition that I personally am going to throw all of my energy into ... but I think soon all of us sesame folks will work together and they will have to stop ignoring us.

LinksEtc:
Petition to FDA-adding sesame as allergen on product labels

LinksEtc:
Brian added this update:

--- Quote ---Sesame Petition reaches 4,000 signatures; Now formally backed by CSPI, forcing FDA to respond!!

brian heller
Vienna, VA

Nov 19, 2014 — Thanks to your help, we now have OVER 4,000 SIGNATURES on this petition to the FDA to require sesame disclosure on food labels. The petition also got the attention of the Center for Science in the Public Interest (CSPI). They have now converted it into a more formal petition -- one to which the FDA IS LEGALLY REQUIRED TO REPLY!! Thank you CSPI!

Our petition is an exhibit to the CSPI's formal petition, so the more signatures we have, the more effective it will be. Let's break 5,000!
--- End quote ---

Very nice way to get around the "individual consumer" FDA comment issue.   :)

LinksEtc:
Wow ... over 5,000 signatures!    :thumbsup:

momma2boys:
Thanks, just signed!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version