login
Food Allergy Support is now on Twitter. Follow us @FASupport. You may also follow our Tweets in our new global footer at the bottom of the page here at FAS!

FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: Lemon Zucchini Muffins  (Read 1690 times)

Description:

Offline SilverLining

Lemon Zucchini Muffins
« on: September 06, 2011, 12:35:08 PM »
The zucchini in our garden ran wild while we were on vacation. I shredded ONE zucchini today that yielded 16 cups! I still have four large ones sitting on my counter.

I used this recipe but made my own adjustments and left off the topping http://blog.fatfreevegan.com/printer/zucchini-muffins.htm. I doubled the batch and ended up with 24 regular sized muffins and 24 mini's. If you decided to double the recipe... well, you've been warned  ;D 

Lemon Zucchini Muffins

Dry ingredients:
2 cups whole wheat flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup raisins

Wet ingredients:
1 1/2 teaspoons Ener-G egg replacer
2 tablespoons water
1 1/4 cup shredded zucchini, packed
1 tablespoon lemon zest
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 tablespoon honey
1 1/4 cups fat-free soymilk or other non-dairy milk

Preheat oven to 400 F. Line a muffin pan with paper or silicone liners or spray well with non-stick spray.

In a large mixing bowl, combine the dry ingredients. In a medium bowl, whisk the Ener-G egg replacer powder with the water until foamy. Add the remaining wet ingredients and stir to combine.

Add the wet ingredients to the dry and stir just until combined. Do not over-stir. Batter will be very heavy. Spoon into muffin cups, dividing batter equally among the cups. Sprinkle the center of each muffin with a little cinnamon, if desired, and bake until a toothpick comes out clean, about 20 minutes.
OJ was acquitted too!