FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Specific Food Allergies > Egg Allergy

Moving onto French Toast

(1/4) > >>

hezzier:
So DS's egg allergy has only produced mild symptoms in the past and has eaten baked egg (cakes, muffins) for years.  She would like us to move onto french toast at home and see what happens.  If he's ok with it, then she'd like us to go to scrambled eggs.

I'm thinking a 1 egg french toast recipe with 1/4 cup milk and 4 pieces of bread.

Does this sound like a reasonable place to start?

maeve:
Yippee. French toast is one of my absolute favorite things to eat.

CMdeux:
MMmmmmmmmm-- mine, too!! 

Good luck with it.

hezzier:
I can't tell you the last time I made french toast.  When DH and I were young and went out to breakfast, I would order it, then add in there that I'm not a fan of making breakfast (my kids eat cereal, because if I'm cooking, it's going to be dinner, but didn't want to try something new for dinner), so it's been decades.  Our normal bread is far too strong in wheat flavor for french toast so I will be buying some white bread so we can try again tomorrow.  I'm not sure that my electric griddle is working all that well either.  Makes me want a cooktop with a griddle in the middle...something to think about.

He liked the non-crust areas of the french toast and is doing fine in terms of egg content. 

Macabre:
Wow. That's great!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version