High School Students Carrying Medicine in School

Started by kikik11, August 28, 2014, 02:30:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lakeswimr

I thought of one thing--if the last reaction was right after running it might have been exercise induced ana or even an asthma attack rather than airborne peanut. 

Others are right about benadryl.  I know you said you have 6 months of no epis and yesterday she didn't use the antihistamine and needed the epi.  6 months really isn't very long.  Antihistamines can't keep a reaction that is going to progress to life threatening from progressing.  It would not keep a minor reaction from starting to affect breathing. 

Good luck with the school!

Macabre

Quote from: kikik11 on August 28, 2014, 06:08:54 PM
As a fellow teacher I can assure you no names or schools will be mentioned unless they have public information posted. I value my job and my own childrens privacy. I appreciate all your feedback strictly as a mom!

Oh no---it's here on the board.  And that was a general request of everyone, not just.  :)  I've not gotten that location-specific for one of the districts.  I've only mentioned here that I have lived in Dallas and near Houston--haven't mentioned the particular school district we were in. However, it's been seven years since we moved, so I'm not quite as concerned about privacy issues there as I once was. :)   

On this board, if we don't someone to quote a post (like I just quoted yours), we use the term "do not quote" or "NQ" or "DNQ." 
Me: Sesame, shellfish, chamomile, sage
DS: Peanuts

ajasfolks2

I am wondering if you'll still get push back from the nurse because Benadryl and Zyrtec are over the counter & technically NOT prescription, so maybe she'll still try to disallow? 

~ ~ ~

Glad lakeswimr caught the exercise induced anaphylaxis suggestion -- I meant to say something along same lines  earlier & forgot that part.

Is this where I blame iPhone and cuss like an old fighter pilot's wife?

**(&%@@&%$^%$#^%$#$*&      LOL!!   

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 365 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Spell the answer to 6 + 7 =:
Three blonde, blue-eyed siblings are named Suzy, Jack and Bill.  What color hair does the sister have?:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview