FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Specific Food Allergies > Fish/Shellfish Allergy

Has anyone had dizziness as a reaction to seafood?

<< < (2/2)

forvictoria:
I do know fast food chains fry chicken and fries in same oil as fish if they carry it. Also some of wendy dressings and other items have fish listed as an allergen
here is wendys allergen chart
https://www.wendys.com/redesign/wendys/pdf/en_US_nutrition.pdf

But this hapeend to me last week but with fresh corn on the cob. I do have Meniere's which is an inner ear disease which casues vertigo, nausea dizziness etc.
I went to a farm market in NJ that I never went to before and bought all kinds of fruits and veggies.

I made the corn on the cob I purchased there as an mid evening snack and within minutes I because extremely dizzy (not light headed) and got a vertigo attack and became extremely nauseas. It scared the life out of me I did not know if I was having a severe allergic reaction to it (so far I test positive for shellfish dust mites and cockroaches, but never have a problem with corn) or having a Meniere's attack which I havevt had one in close to 2 years due to me taking an off the label treatment for it. The vertigo stopped in about an hour but I was dizzy until the end of the next day.

I am pretty sure the farmers market carried GMO food because I never tasted corn like that in my life. Was extremely sweet and the grape tomatoes were very sweet as well and the colors of the veggies were like a painting.

My dad agreed after he tasted both these were not the run of the mill veggies. I have eaten corn flakes after this incident with no reaction. But I am a little afraid of eating any corn again and threw out all the fruits and veggies from that farmers market.

Do you think I need to be test again to see if I come up positive for corn?

Darlene Mayeaux:
Thanks.  After reading all that information, I think you're right.  My ears may be the problem.

~Dene

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version