FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: What about bug spray?  (Read 2561 times)

Description:

Offline fuji

What about bug spray?
« on: September 06, 2014, 01:18:52 AM »
Are bug repellents generally safe for people with PA? Or are there specific types that are peanut free? (DD14 is new to PA) My DD14 is a cheerleader and the mosquito's were eating everyone alive tonight at the football game! She was home sick but I thought when I saw the girls spraying themselves down - "wonder if there is peanut/peanut oil in bug spray?". Any ideas? We have the little clip on that has a repellent that doesn't actually go on your skin, is that safe for her? Is there something specific to look for on the label? I've read that non-food items are not as regulated as far as listing allergens, any help would be great!
Thanks!
Me: Mild hayfever, asthma
DH: Mild hayfever
DS24: Grass allergy, very mild hayfever
DS16: Severe grass allergy, mild hayfever
DD14: Peanut allergy, very mild hayfever

Offline momma2boys

• Global Moderator
Re: What about bug spray?
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2014, 09:38:18 AM »
I've never had a problem as far as pa but hate them on kids in general. I use an all natural and organic one now that lists all ingredients, because like you say, companies don't have to list them. Perfect example, the Dawn thread.
peanut, treenut, sesame
Northeast, US

Offline fuji

Re: What about bug spray?
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2014, 10:35:08 AM »
Yeah! I had read that Dawn thread earlier in the day and I think that's what got me thinking!
Me: Mild hayfever, asthma
DH: Mild hayfever
DS24: Grass allergy, very mild hayfever
DS16: Severe grass allergy, mild hayfever
DD14: Peanut allergy, very mild hayfever