CHOP

Started by MandCmama, September 07, 2014, 10:50:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MandCmama

Does anyone have a recommendation for any of the allergists at CHOP? Looking at their bios and research publications, I think I've identified a favorite, but looking for opinions.
Pennsylvania, USA
DS#1 (Born 11/2006)- allergic to peanuts and tree nuts
DS#2 (Born 3/2009)- allergic to egg, peanuts, and tree nuts (and Penicillin as of '18)

LinksEtc

Linking

so what now?

Egg Baked Challenge (what RAST is okay?)

Allergic, intolerant, or wrong?

----------------

I'm sure that CHOP has some excellent allergists, but my opinion (FWIW) is that for your situation, I'd recommend going to Sinai or Hopkins. 

MaryM

I don't live far from Philly but was never able to get a real, live person to answer at CHOP ( 9 years ago).  I never tried after my attempts back then.  We go to Mt. Sinai in NYC.

yelloww

I live near Philly. We go to Hopkins. Totally worth the drive for us. I think I've given you our drs name before, but if you want it, pm me. He's great and has his own Ofc outside of the hospital. I can get ds in for a food challenge in a matter of weeks at his Ofc rather at Hopkins itself.

We've been there for 3-4 years now. Before that we were at DuPont, but the doc left. I was ready to break up with him anyway.  :) I'm happier having ds at a research hospital rather than a teaching hospital. I've found that Research hospitals are more cutting edge and teaching hospitals are more conservative.

geneva

My daughter sees Dr. Terri F. Brown-Whitehorn at CHOP.  She is fantastic.   We've had a great experience at CHOP. 

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 365 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Please spell spammer backwards:
Three blonde, blue-eyed siblings are named Suzy, Jack and Bill.  What color hair does the sister have?:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview