login
FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: Peanut Component Panel results  (Read 5259 times)

Description: Conflicting with F013 IgE peanut?

Offline lilpig99

Peanut Component Panel results
« on: September 08, 2014, 11:26:26 AM »
Howdy old friends! :bye:  hope you are all well.  :heart:

Not certain if this is the best spot to post this question, but here it goes.

DD (tree nut, mango) had been complaining of her pbj's making her mouth/throat just feel kinda funny for the rest of the day after eating. She is severely allergy to cashew in particular, so she knows her symptoms, yet these were a little vague.

Allergist ordered igE peanut and the Phadia Immunocap allergen-specific IgE peanut component panel.

Here are the results:

Ara h1  0
Ara h2  0
Ara h3  0
Ara h8  0
Ara h9  0

But the F013-IgE Peanut was .17 which is considered class 0/I.

What do you make of these results....just another component tested positive that isn't one of panel components? I have yet to follow up with allergist. We will just avoid since her allergies have a way of going from bad to worse in general.

This component testing is all new to me and I'd like to understand what it really means along with the regular IgE results.

:)

Thanks for your thoughts!

Offline Mfamom

• Global Moderator
  • Committee Member Hermes
Re: Peanut Component Panel results
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2014, 09:19:11 PM »
Hi Lilipig!  Nice to see you here!!  Hope you're well!!
My ds did the component testing last year.  After 6 months of my ds working up courage for a challenge, he passed. 
I honestly don't remember the scale/numbers etc.  I did look online by googling Uknow test.  I let the dr tell me what the numbers meant. 
Let us know how things go!
When People Show You Who They Are, Believe Them.  The First Time.

Committee Member Hermes

Offline Macabre

• Global Moderator
  • Don't Blink!
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2014, 06:40:56 AM »
I would so do a challenge.
Me: Sesame, shellfish, chamomile, sage
DS: Peanuts

Offline ajasfolks2

• Global Moderator
  • Committee Member Firebird
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2014, 06:52:09 AM »
Tucking this in here & hope it helps!

http://www.questdiagnostics.com/testcenter/testguide.action?dc=TS_Peanut_Component_Panel

Come visit us more often lilpig!   :bye:

Is this where I blame iPhone and cuss like an old fighter pilot's wife?

**(&%@@&%$^%$#^%$#$*&      LOL!!   

Offline lilpig99

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2014, 06:55:29 PM »
 :bye: :bye: :bye: :bye: Thanks for the friendly welcome!  :heart: We are well, but tooooo busy! DD 8th, DS 4th. FYI...DS is official PA since last year. Class IV. Sigh.

I have to call to make a follow up with doctor to go over the results. But to make it clear--she HAD BEEN EATING PEANUT forever...she was only ever allergic to tree nut (and mango)....so this weak IgE positive (even if the individual components are negative) leaves me wondering if she truly should avoid peanut. ?? It's so weak. But then again...she was complaining of feeling funny after eating it recently.

I dunno. ~)

Thank you for your thoughts and support! I will look at the link aj2  :heart: