typical allergy testing protocols?

Started by becca, September 29, 2014, 09:02:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linden

Yeah, my DS does a little better without stuffed animals.  I ended up putting them in a big plastic bag (the kind you squeeze the air out of) and then letting him take them out every once in a while to play with.  I also have an air purifier (not the ionic kind, but the filter kind) that I run whenever I think an allergen has been kicked up.

DS TNA/EA, avocado, environmentals, asthma

PurpleCat

Quote from: becca on October 01, 2014, 04:39:13 PM
Keeping windows closed will be a HUGE issue with dh.  OMG.  He will come home from work, turn off the AC and throw open all the windows on many summer nights.  Just because he thinks it is cool enough to do so.  We will need a Dr. to tell him before he will keep the house closed off.  I will keep windows closed if I must, but would run the ac much more if we do so. 

Yes!  This!  It took the allergist saying so for my DH to get the windows down and AC on.....yes even at night when it's "cool" outside.  ~)

I feel your pain.  Oh I could have written that one!

but...... it does not stop the comments when windows are down about how nice it is outside (well go outside then!), or when there is a day I can open them and I have to hear how much better the air smells!  And how we need fresh air!  Even though about every other day that isn't windy, while DD is at school, I open the house for a couple hours in the am and then get the AC going a few hours before she comes home to filter the air again.

Mookie86

I am lucky to have understanding relatives who will shut their doors and windows before we arrive to help "decontaminate" the house.

becca, would it be reasonable to tell her to vacuum the stuffed animals if she wants to keep them?  I vacuum stuffed animals once per month, and that seems to control the dust problem.  You can put them through the washing machine, but they probably wouldn't hold up to many washings.

becca

Update:  I cleaned the heck out fo dd's room, bed, put on a ne barriet cover on her pillow and mattress, and nothing seems better.  Made an appt with the allergist, and got one in a month.  She said no antihistamine for a week before.  I forgot to calrify.  Does that mean any type?  No benadryl either if she is feeling desperate some night?  None of those short acting cold medicine ones, like dimetapp?  Nada?  That will be a long week.  :(

But, she dis say the testing can be done that very day after he takes her history, even though we have not been in for 5-6 years.  So, at least all in one appt.  I hope I don't get lectured for feeding her baked eggs.  I am just going to gloss over that one, lol.  She *never* reacted to baked sweets, or panacakes.  He just took her off of all eggs of any kind when he did her testing, and based on her one contact reaction with a meregue powder in an icing.  She is not eating eggs regulalry enough for me to think that is her issue wuth the congestion either.  That is sporadic, if I happen to bake.
dd with peanut, tree nut and raw egg allergy

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 365 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Spell the answer to 6 + 7 =:
Three blonde, blue-eyed siblings are named Suzy, Jack and Bill.  What color hair does the sister have?:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview