swedish study on infant infections and celiac

Started by eragon, November 16, 2014, 11:57:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

eragon

Its OK to have dreams:one day my kids will be legal adults & have the skills to pick up a bath towel.

eragon

still an interesting study.
it mentions the genetic link to celiac, and the study was carried out in as there was a significant rise in celiac in infants that they termed 'epidemic' in that country.

we all need to understand more about this disease esp from my own point of view that it so rarely gets a confirmed diagnosis in the UK.

Its OK to have dreams:one day my kids will be legal adults & have the skills to pick up a bath towel.

guess

What I need (note I'm speaking for me and our family's daily life with wheat as a LTFA) in terms of support on a food allergy and anaphylaxis board is clear and concise disassociation of Celiac from IgE-mediated allergy anaphylaxis from wheat and barley as allergens.

Which the appearance of this thread here in the Main forum without any clear reason for doing so or context certainly does not do.

I have no doubt that it's a well done study and we all need to learn more about Celiac.  That could be said for many things.  Unfortunately, that doesn't really explain the purpose.

guess

In anticipation of the response that all you're looking to do, quite coincidentally, is share information I'll politely ask.

Is your intent between the previous GMO related debate that you may have taken part of and posted here, and now a study on Celiac to passively suggest a link to IgE-mediated allergies, particularly "gluten"?  Sort of a GMO + leaky guy + organic + possible vaccination + potentially artificial dyes?  Close?

eragon

have met people with celiac and ige life threatening allergies. its not a fun combination.
have also met people with ige wheat allergies. growing problem in EU

certainly in terms of finding safe food to eat outside home we are in similar situations.

although Ige can/is a life threatening allergy, the true celiac person has to make sure they too dont eat even traces of gliadin in the diet.
for instance:
children have been admitted to hosptial with failure to thrive.
It can have  long term health implications, bowel cancer, repeated miscarriage, and other long term  health  problems.

its not minor and is a pretty severe food restriction. being 'glutened' is painful and can last for a long time and for some time afterwards the ability of your gut to absorb nutrients is lowered.

lets talk about severe food intolerance, for most its a mild thing, but the end of that rainbow is esp for young children a time spent in hosptial. non stop vomiting and loose bowels is a serious thing for young children.

I would never be so short sighted to think that the concerns of celiac or food intolerance are not within the realm of an ige allergic person in this day and age. Many families deal with a combination of these problems, plus EE and FPIES.

guess

You're in luck.  I've already addressed this in the wheat forum. 

Quote from: guess on November 16, 2014, 03:19:16 PM
I do worry about Celiac for the kids.  I think too often it's a rush to defense.  Just because they are not the same it's not wrong to be clear about the difference.  Quite the contrary, I would think it is more important for us with wheat/barley/rye to be more expert on Celiac for potential related differentiation.  If no other reason than threshold.  I think my kiddo has some minute threshold for IgE.  If he had Celiac, and I pray he doesn't, I wouldn't have any threshold.

Regardless, they're not the interchangeable.

The rest and why this is a per instance life threat due to misinformation I've addressed in other threads today.  I will expect better arguments than accusations of heartlessness that I never expressed.  I just want to know what you are inferring because what you're doing affects my child.  I dare say, it'll affect any child fed a gluten free food that contains his or her disclosed allergen because gluten has become the public lexicon entry for allergy, wheat, GMO and vaccinations for the majority of developmental and neurological ills.

eragon

Is your intent between the previous GMO related debate that you may have taken part of and posted here, and now a study on Celiac to passively suggest a link to IgE-mediated allergies, particularly "gluten"?  Sort of a GMO + leaky guy + organic + possible vaccination + potentially artificial dyes?  Close?

the above, NO.

2 different threads.

I am interested in the GMO debate due to his miss use in our world which may cause more problems than benefit.

my kids are all vaccinated. am very pro this having seen some of those diseases and their ongoing results in my extended family.

seen reactions to artificial dyes, so am not a fan at all. allergic reactions reported and studied to such dyes are out there in europe. <southampton study 2006 I think> The uk has the luxury of having them removed from all child aimed food products. something I am very grateful for. its something I have and would fight for in regard to change in our countries diets.

Celiac, well thats not just a wheat problem. so why just dump it in wheat section?
why not learn more about it as a food related medical condition?

why not post something nutty so that we can comment logically on it and dismiss it. That's what forums are all about in my view.

guess

Because this is an allergy and anaphylaxis board and the allergen in question was wheat.  My quoted response was addressing the canned response that Celiac exists.  Yes, it does.  I worry that it's something I can miss in the future in attempting OIT for wheat or barley.

What is the intent to talk about regarding Celiac?  Coincidentally after your GMO thread, and forvictoria's GMO-wheat-intolerance threads?

It sucks.  I know people with severe impairments, multigenerational.  I know people in industry that have had problems getting their pharmaceutical grade product out for diagnosed Celiac patients because it unfortunately competes with nominally gluten free predecessors.  I hope my kids don't have it and that I haven't missed it in my older child because avoidance for a tolerated food is not advised.

This is not a general food related condition board.  If the statements made on peanut as an allergen was casually, and repeatedly co-mingled with another unrelated condition heads would roll.

eragon

'this is not a food related condition board' REALLY?
when so many of us deal with intolerance as well as ige?
food allergy isnt a food related condition?
BLIMEY!, I never knew that, how did I not know that when I have been dealing with ige allergies for over 18 yrs ?? ~)
(I pause here to shout up the stairs to my children, 'did you know, your  life threatening allergies arent a food related condition?, yes that right, nothing to do with what you eat at all'!!)

oh and peanut is mentioned casually frequently in the world. But I dont tend to make heads roll. That luxury is even unavailable to the Queen these days. We can but dream....

My reasons for posting anything are very simple. They caught my eye, they are the lastest study or quackery . I hope the studies are interesting, worth debate or hold promise of something that we can have hope with or simply worth dismissing.
Hope being something I have lost quite frequently these last few years.

The quackery post is again to raise awareness of what is out there, and again worthy of examined ridicule/debate, which can inform the stray visitors here if explained in the clear concise ways of many on this board.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 365 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Spell the answer to 6 + 7 =:
Three blonde, blue-eyed siblings are named Suzy, Jack and Bill.  What color hair does the sister have?:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview