gas x??

Started by nonuteen, April 07, 2014, 11:08:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

twinturbo

I haven't tried it with the kids although both had Mylicon occasionally as infants. I believe simethicone is the active ingredients in both. It breaks surface tension of gas bubbles if I remember correctly.

Allergy related abdominal stuff or the regular stuff?

nonuteen

I don't think it is allergy related. Just run of the mill gas:)  although she seems to be having a lot of belly issues this year.

The main ingredient is simethicone 125 mg
Inactive ing:  D&C yellow #10, edible ink, FD&C 10, FD&C Blue 1, REd #40, gelatin, glycerin, peppermint oil, purified water, sorbitol special and titanium dioxide.

it is the Kroger generic brand.  I tried to call them but they said they would have the nutritionist call back but it's been 24 hours with no call back and my dd is miserable.

Wondered if anyone used the regular gas x safely with PA/TNA?

nonuteen

And if not Gas X is there a different gas relief product that is safe to use?  Any recommendations?

nonuteen

Well, customer support for Novartis stunk (for name brand GAS X)!!  Basically read me the ingredient list and said "well, it doesn't show any nut ingredients but we have no way of checking further.  Our best recommendation would be to contact your pharmacist".  REALLY???

nonuteen

Quote from: nonuteen on April 08, 2014, 07:24:38 AM
I don't think it is allergy related. Just run of the mill gas:)  although she seems to be having a lot of belly issues this year.

The main ingredient is simethicone 125 mg
Inactive ing:  D&C yellow #10, edible ink, FD&C 10, FD&C Blue 1, REd #40, gelatin, glycerin, peppermint oil, purified water, sorbitol special and titanium dioxide.

it is the Kroger generic brand.  I tried to call them but they said they would have the nutritionist call back but it's been 24 hours with no call back and my dd is miserable.

Wondered if anyone used the regular gas x safely with PA/TNA?

SIX MONTHS!! later and the Kroger nutritionist calls me back yesterday to let me know there are no nuts, oils or nut derivatives in the Kroger brand Gas X.  Thankfully, since it is 6 mos. later , this issue has been resolved but I guess still good to know for the future.  Geesh...

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 365 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Please spell spammer backwards:
Spell the answer to 6 + 7 =:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview