Allergist Calls for Change After In-flight Reaction

Started by GoingNuts, October 11, 2014, 08:05:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GoingNuts

"Speak out against the madness" - David Crosby
N.E. US

becca

That is a well-stated article.  How frightening.  I had not read the details of that incident, in that an allergist was there to help her.  How fortunate.  I also did not know it was a previously undiagnosed allergy.
dd with peanut, tree nut and raw egg allergy

guess

What goes beneath the notice of most allergists is that they can command the ability to get the plane landed. Their patients cannot. Were it me calling the shots I'd concentrate on legislation that improves the likelihood of a patient getting necessary emergent care, meaning the plane landing is more based on true patient need and not the pilot's call or some random medical person on the phone of unknown background relying on lay person interpretation from flight crew. Or, the medical professional flashing creds on the plane that says, "Keep trucking." Considering how undertreated anaphylaxis is known to be even in emergency rooms or on ambulances getting a plane landed is the more crucial bit of legislation. It sidesteps that obstacle where it requires a threshold study to regulate food on board. If you don't know the multitude of barriers and limitations there read the research thread.

CMdeux

Resistance isn't futile.  It's voltage divided by current. 

Western U.S.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 365 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Please spell spammer backwards:
Spell the answer to 6 + 7 =:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview