What causes a rise in total IgE?

Started by lilpig99, October 25, 2014, 10:58:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lilpig99

What causes a rise in total IgE serum?

DS's has about doubled in a year....480 to 908?? Not that 480 is great but....? DS has developed EoE recently so I'm not sure if that's it or not.

Allergist wasn't concerned, saying it's either elevated or not.

Just wondering if there is anything more to it.

Macabre

I would think there would be a correlation with EoE. :-[

LP I never wAnt to lose you here, but I know KFA has a stronger network of people dealing with EE. I can't imagine just having to deal with that out of the blue. ((Hugs))
Me: Sesame, shellfish, chamomile, sage
DS: Peanuts

PurpleCat

Our allergist has always said it just represents how much DD's body is fighting different allergens.  She is never concerned.

We decided to start allergy shots for grass, trees, and dust to lower DD's.....we hope.  By doing this, the doctor is hopeful that the allergens that fall in lower classes may prove to be false positives when we retest.

DD's totals have landed around 1400 - 1500 range after years of going up and down.  480 was her lowest when she was 5 or 6.

CMdeux

DD's were 5K+, I want to say, the last time we checked them-- back when she was about 6, I think?  They'd been about 1K when she was a toddler.

I don't think that anyone really knows for sure why they go up or down, truthfully-- the overall mechanism isn't at all clear.

I also have no idea if there is truly much correlation with eosinophilic disorders or with mast cell diseases, either.  Then again, there must be SOME meaning, or our doc wouldn't have looked at them.  Hmm.

Resistance isn't futile.  It's voltage divided by current. 

Western U.S.

Janelle205

I'm not sure what the meaning is either - my total IgE is really low - it shocked my doctor.  Had the blood drawn for it the same day that I did environmental allergy tests, where even the doc was shocked at the level of reaction.  Makes no sense here.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 365 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Spell the answer to 6 + 7 =:
Please spell spammer backwards:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview