FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Specific Food Allergies > Wheat/Gluten Allergy

Gluten free Thanksgiving?

(1/2) > >>

aggiedog:
My niece was just diagnosed with Celiac.  We do big Thanksgiving at our house every year and I'd like to make sure she can eat everything.

I'm thinking we'll have to modify one of the stuffing recipes (I usually make Yankee bread and Southern cornbread), gravy (I can make homemade and thicken with corn starch), and desserts.  The turkey, ham, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, green beans wrapped in bacon should be fine - unless you know of hidden gluten is those things.  All are made with fresh ingredients.

Anyone have good recipes for gf stuffing and desserts? 

FWIW, she was diagnosed after years of strange illness with a GI biopsy while still on her regular diet, so I'm inclined to believe the diagnosis is correct.

momma2boys:
I have some good gluten free dessert recipes. My niece can't have gluten either. Are you on pinterest? I have a board full of recipes there, but if not I will post them here for you.

aggiedog:
I can do pinterest. :)  Do you send me a link or something?  I'm only marginally social media savvy.

momma2boys:
Let me see if I can link board. If not I will send you my username.

Macabre:
http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2013/11/11/sweet-potato-cupcakes-marshmallow-frosting/

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version