login
FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: Entenmann's  (Read 12503 times)

Description: are they peanut safe?????

Offline azzolina1022

Entenmann's
« on: November 04, 2014, 10:20:37 AM »
Hi,

my son has just had a severe hive reaction to SOMETHING and we have no idea what it could be from. I am so adamant about reading labels, and not having ANYTHING with peanuts in the house. I did purchase Entenmann's pumpkin donut holes for Halloween. We have had other Entenmanns products before. These donut holes, just like all other products I have purchased from them, doesn't say a word about peanuts, nothing even about coming a from a facility that processes peanuts, etc. But in trying to figure out what has caused his reaction I have started double checking EVERYTHING in my house. Just because I know he had a couple of these yesterday afternoon, I figured, "let me google it and see". From back in 2011, I have found some blogs where people say they called and have been told they use the same equipment for peanut products but "thoroughly wash" all equipment before making other items. I am waiting for a call back and an email back from them, but was wondering if anyone else has any light to shed on this?????

Thank you!

Offline rebekahc

Re: Entenmann's
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2014, 10:30:41 AM »
I'm not sure about Entenmann's since we don't buy them, but I know we have some threads about them in the manufacturers section of this forum.  You might search there.  I can't do it right now because I'm about to walk out the door, but I'll try to raise some threads for you when I get back if someone doesn't beat me to it.
TX - USA
DS - peanut, tree nut, milk, eggs, corn, soy, several meds, many environmentals. Finally back on Xolair!
DD - mystery anaphylaxis, shellfish.
DH - banana/avocado, aspirin.  Asthma.
Me - peanut, tree nut, shellfish, banana/avocado/latex,  some meds.

Offline azzolina1022

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2014, 11:05:32 AM »
Oh my goodness!!!! It was the Entenmann's donut holes!!!!!! I just got off the phone with them, and they said that the donut products are peanut free but NOT tree nut free. They are made in a facility that shares equipment with tree nuts, and they follow the FDA requirements for cleaning the equipment between uses. It says nothing on the packaging about this, and the woman said they are aware of this and some facilities are beginning to include this on the packaging, but not all do!!!!!!! No more Entenmann's in my house....

Offline hezzier

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2014, 11:10:20 AM »
We also do not buy Entenmann's, but here are the threads.  I have not read through them to see if there is any good info for you.

Re: Mini-Muffins

I posted in this thread, but I still don't buy Entenmanns
Re: Hostess Cupcakes & Donettes.

I just saw your follow up post, but here are the posts anyways. 

Offline spacecanada

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2014, 02:27:39 PM »
So sorry to hear that.  I hope your son is okay.  Just a reminder that manufacturers do not have to label for may contains, shared equipment, etc.  These precautionary labels are optional.  It is always best to call the manufacturer before trying a new product, to ensure it meets your safety/threshold/awareness standards.  (For some, cleaning between ingredients is acceptable, for others it's not.  For some, shared facility but different line is acceptable, for others it's not.  You have to make that decision.)
ANA peanuts, tree nuts, wheat, potato, sorghum