Silk and So Delicious Now Manufacturing Cashew Milk

Started by Linden, November 07, 2014, 01:09:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linden

These two brands are often made in the same facilities.  I don't know whether the facilities belong to Silk, Turtle Mountain, or a third party.  I couldn't find them on the Interstate milk shippers list last time I looked.

There are lots of other brands of milk - including both soy and cows milk - stamped as being from the same facilities. I may have seen other "gable top" products like juice from the same facilities as well.

:hiding: Is it like totally sad that I actually know these facilities already and have nicknames for them? Sometimes I actually see the facility stamps on a carton in the grocery store and think things like "Ah, EH-1 - my old nemesis.  So, we meet again".

DS TNA/EA, avocado, environmentals, asthma

CMdeux

Nope, not at all weird.

I have the same thoughts about certain shelf-stable products.  {sighhhhh}

Sadly, we've seen a LOT of evidence that the admittedly low levels of XC on those products are a big, BIG problem.  For DD, anyway.

We quit buying Silk about 2-3y ago, and it was because it was very consistently giving DD stomach pain and other kind of 'off' symptoms.

I'm convinced that it's probably shared production space with a nut-- probably cashew.

Resistance isn't futile.  It's voltage divided by current. 

Western U.S.

Linden

Oh yeah, I have major suspicions about anything in an aseptic container.  I used to think soups - now those wouldn't be in a factory where they make the aseptic milks - but I was proven wrong looking at the stamps on the top.

guess

If you can deal w/almond contamination Kikkoman PEARL 32 oz. is not shared with peanut, cashew or pistachio

Linden

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 365 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Three blonde, blue-eyed siblings are named Suzy, Jack and Bill.  What color hair does the sister have?:
Please spell spammer backwards:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview